• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

what it should do..

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Misc.] >> ISA 2006 Wish List >> what it should do.. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
what it should do.. - 6.Apr.2007 1:27:05 PM   
remdotc

ISA has some nice features, but this isnt about what ISA has, its about what ISA lacks. These are things I end up turning to alternate products or open source solutions for

Strict Outbound Packet Filtering
ISA can have 200 external IP addresses, But can not designate which ip address it uses for any give ACL
Packet Manipulation
ISA should be able to alter any packet with admin definable rulesets
Link Aggrogation
Mac Address Filtering
While this is redundant with above, ISA should be able to apply rulesets based upon MAC Address
Qouta and OoS
ISA should be able to define QoS and Qouta Limits based upon any other object
Ruleset Versions
ISA should be able to have definable ruleset versions both standard and enterprise
Memory Limit
ISA standard should be able to support 4 GB of Memory
SMTP Filter
SMTP filter should on the ISA BOx with full ACL Support and Multiple ACL  for objects without the need to install mail services on ISA
rDNS and GEOIP
ISA should contain admin configurable objects for rDNS and GEOIP checks against DNS and ACLs
Logic Defined ACL Objects
Port / Protocal binding
Cache Directory should have encrytion option
Logs should have Encryption Option
Rule Set Import \ Export should have encryption option
Post #: 1
RE: what it should do.. - 4.Jul.2007 11:49:06 PM   
itadmin

This is an old post, but I just read it, so its new to me.  Previous poster hit a hot spot!

"ISA can have 200 external IP addresses, But can not designate which ip address it uses"

That is my number 1 wish.  I have some things that I want to go in and come out of the same IP address.  Right now, I have to use port forwarding for some of our proprietary software, when I would really like to just publish a server.

(in reply to remdotc)
Post #: 2
RE: what it should do.. - 23.Aug.2007 3:59:09 AM   
thamola

ISA server should improve on its content and web filtering capabilities to incorporate a sync mechanism whereby it synchronizes with a database hosted by Microsoft for dynamic update of banned sites and potentially unsafe sites.

I would love if ISA could perform the roles of Websence and Mimesweeper, I am an IA evangelist but when it comes to dynamic content and web filtering I kind of go silent,

Please the ISA development team should think of incorporating these roles in the service packs to be released for ISA 2006.

I wouls appreciate if these featuress are treated.

With Love,

Adedamola Ibironke
thamola@yahoo.com
+2348060335351

Adedamola Ibironke
+2348060335351

(in reply to itadmin)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Misc.] >> ISA 2006 Wish List >> what it should do.. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts