• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

SMTP publishing

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Exchange Publishing >> SMTP publishing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SMTP publishing - 6.Apr.2007 2:13:31 PM   
jojo06891

I am having problem publishing an exchange (smtp server). It is a simple configuration with 1 nic with an outside address and the other with an internal address. I did the publishing rule - but I never show port 25 open on the external nic. There isn't any other firewall involved. Also I am just moving it from an isa2000 server with a different outside address.
I got the OWA rule workin fine with a certificate.
When i do any traces it looks like it gets to the external adapter and then gets denied by the default rule.
I can't figure out what I am doing wrong...
Please help
Post #: 1
RE: SMTP publishing - 6.Apr.2007 5:25:19 PM   
Rotorblade

Not knowing more specifics on what type of tools you were testing with, does Telneting on port 25 to the external NIC IP work. Event log errors? Port 25 in-use on the ISA server by another server service? On the published SMTP server, are you using SecureNAT and is the DGW set for the new ISA2004 server's internal NIC?

RB

(in reply to jojo06891)
Post #: 2
RE: SMTP publishing - 9.Apr.2007 6:18:12 PM   
jojo06891

Thanks for the reply ...
I can telnet to from an external client to port 25 on the external nic and I get the ------'s .

I didn't get any event log errors on the ISAserver . Nothing else is using port 25 on the ISA server. What is the DGW?  I was using the network monitoring tools (2003 server). When I set the monitoring for SMTP traffic on the ISA server that is where I saw the denied by default rule. Also not using SecureNat.
The smtp traffic is set to go 1st to the Barracuda spam filter. This same setup is working from our old isa2000 server.
Thanks,
BR

(in reply to Rotorblade)
Post #: 3
RE: SMTP publishing - 11.Apr.2007 2:33:01 PM   
jojo06891

Tried using using SecureNat and same results. I can telnet from new isa server to barrcuda spam filter (port 25) and get the response from it.  I did set the default gateway on the spam filter to the new isa servers internal nic's address. From an external client when i do the telnet to external address (and port 25) I do not get a response from the smtp filter (with local echo set). I have tried deleting re-creating the publishing rule and network access rules.

(in reply to jojo06891)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Exchange Publishing >> SMTP publishing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts