• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Lost SA password

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Lost SA password Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lost SA password - 12.Apr.2007 12:31:24 PM   
chetton2000

All,

I have lost my SA password for MSDE used by ISA 2004.  Is there anyway to recover this?  I have done numerous Google searches for this and have tried several things.  I am unable to connect to the database using Windows authentication (which is what most of them suggest).

If I can't get connected, what are my options?  Can I reinstall MSDE without disrupting ISA too much?  This is a production server so that needs to be taken into account.  Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Lost SA password - 15.Apr.2007 10:27:22 AM   
tshinder

How did you lose it when you never had it?

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to chetton2000)
Post #: 2
RE: Lost SA password - 24.Apr.2007 11:55:03 PM   
chetton2000

Well, I am assuming that I had it at one time.  I was the one who installed ISA Server and if memory (what's left of it) serves correctly, you need to have an sa password to install MSDE on ISA.

My memory is fuzzy because I have about 15-20 installs of MSDE in the past 2 years.  I usually keep the passwords in an encrypted drive but this one seems to have never made it.

Regardless, I have tried connecting with a blank password and I get the fun "SQL Server can not be found or access denied error".  This is from the server itself.

Any ideas?  It is not preventing me from running ISA but I did want to connect to the MSDE database using query analyzer.  Thanks.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: Lost SA password - 25.Apr.2007 10:25:05 AM   
elmajdal

MSDE installation is part of ISA Server Installation.

So when u install ISA Server, MSDE will also be installed

HTH,
Tarek

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

Post #: 4
RE: Lost SA password - 25.Apr.2007 10:54:42 PM   
chetton2000

Thanks Tarek.  MSDE is already installed but I am unable to connect to it using tools such as query analyzer or even a command line because I forgot the SA password in one of my "Doh" moments.

Also, Tom if you are still reading this - what did you mean by "How did you lose it when you never had it?"  Was there a different meaning to this or did you just assume that I didn't install it?

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 5
RE: Lost SA password - 26.Apr.2007 1:48:55 PM   
tshinder

You never did enter an SA password, that's why you don't remember it.

The local MSDE database isn't meant to be accessed by anything other than the ISA Firewall components. You do have the option to dump the MSDE contents to text if you like.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

Post #: 6
RE: Lost SA password - 26.Apr.2007 3:48:25 PM   
chetton2000

Oh, well that makes a little more sense.  No wonder I don't remember it.  Thanks Tom!  

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 7
RE: Lost SA password - 30.Dec.2009 5:51:55 AM   
happykaka

You can reset the SQL log in password in two ways. If you are skilled SQL command, you can reset sa password with some simple codes like [osql -U sa -P ”" -Q ”sp_password NULL,<newpassword>,sa”] . If you have no ideal about SQL command, I would like to recommend you to free download MS SQL Server Password Unlocker, which helps to instantly change SQL password without data loss.

Personally, I would like to use SQL password changing tool, like MS SQL Server Password Unlocker. I have no ideal about the sql commands and other setting but I forgot sql password. My friend recommended me MS SQL Server Password Unlocker, and I used it. Just one click, I reset the SA password
Reference: http://blog.passwordunlocker.com/password%20recovery/sql-password-recovery/

< Message edited by happykaka -- 30.Dec.2009 5:56:03 AM >

Post #: 8
RE: Lost SA password - 7.Feb.2012 9:10:01 AM   
locasleee

Remove/reset lost Windows password you can use Windows Password Rescuer, it can reset/remove Windows 7/vista/xp/2008/2003/2000 password instantly.

For Windows 7 password Reset, there is a useful tool,[Daos Windows 7 Password Recovery Tool], this software is cheap as if it is free!

I highly recommend Daos Password Recovery Bundle 2012.[Daos Password Recovery Bundle 2012] is an all-in-one password recovery software, which recover password for Windows, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, RAR/WinRAR, ZIP/WinZIP, PDF etc. Over 70+ types of passwords can be recovered instantly.

Windows password reset by four steps! More about: Windows 7 password reset, Windows Vista password reset, Windows XP password reset.Forgot Windows Password - Windows 7 Password Recovery. Reset Windows passwordby Four Steps!
Reset Windows 7 Password
Remove Windows 7 Password
Crack Windows Password
Watch video to learn how to Hack windows 7 password: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aaplN2UC_s

< Message edited by locasleee -- 20.Sep.2012 2:35:17 AM >

Post #: 9
RE: Lost SA password - 21.Apr.2012 4:40:17 AM   
locasleee

How to bypass Windows 7 Password
Remove Windows 7 Password
Crack Windows 7 Password Unlock Windows 7 Password
Winrar password remover

Well, check out this method: http://www.asunsoft.com/sql-password-recovery.html

< Message edited by locasleee -- 20.Sep.2012 2:32:34 AM >

(in reply to locasleee)
Post #: 10
RE: Lost SA password - 8.Jul.2013 3:08:22 AM   
sospopuu

Windows Password Recovery Can help you reset forgotten Windows password, you can enter Windows directly without entering any password with the Windows password recovery tool. So it is the best way to reset your lost Windows password.

Post #: 11
RE: Lost SA password - 24.Oct.2013 2:45:42 AM   
bobeaston

You can reset lost SA password easily using SQL Server Password Changer. It works with all versions of SQL Server.

(in reply to sospopuu)
Post #: 12
RE: Lost SA password - 23.Apr.2016 12:39:46 AM   
johnwalker10

You can also take the help of SQL Database Password Recovery which allows you to recover SQL SA password easily.

Post #: 13
RE: Lost SA password - 4.Jul.2016 9:21:13 PM   
sulewel

UUkeys sql password recovery is a nice tool to reset sa password.

< Message edited by sulewel -- 15.Jul.2016 1:52:14 AM >

(in reply to johnwalker10)
Post #: 14
RE: Lost SA password - 1.Sep.2016 12:28:35 AM   
lethaperkins

Professional program enables you reset administrator or user password for Microsoft SQL Server instantly regardless of the length, complexity, language and encoding of the password set before.

Download: SQL Password Recovery

(in reply to sulewel)
Post #: 15

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Lost SA password Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts