• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

502 Proxy Error -- Active Directory Issue?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> 502 Proxy Error -- Active Directory Issue? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
502 Proxy Error -- Active Directory Issue? - 12.Apr.2007 4:22:21 PM   
lobot

I have set up a test environment to start playing around with ISA 2006. I'm running into some problems with tasks as simple as just allowing internet access for all users.

My allow rule is as follows:

Allow All Outbound Traffic
From Internal
To External
Condition: All Users

If I log into the domain as test.user1, I can get to any website without issue, including my internal OWA site.

If I log into the domain as test.user2, I get a 502 Proxy Error every time I try to get to a website.

Both users are domain admins, although that shouldn't matter. I'm having the same problems with other users as well.

Things I've noticed:

If I ping anydomain.com when logged in as test.user2, it resolves the IP address so I'm guessing this isn't DNS related.

If I do live logging of test.user1, I see a series of allowed connections for DOMAIN\test.user1 based on my Allow Rule

If I do live logging of test.user2, I see a series of denied connections for "anonymous" based on the Enterprise default deny rule.

I'm wondering if some of my users aren't connecting correctly to the domain? But should that matter if I'm pointing my browser to the proxy server and allowin ALL Users?

Any ideas? This is bizzarre.
Post #: 1
RE: 502 Proxy Error -- Active Directory Issue? - 16.Apr.2007 2:52:30 PM   
lobot

I think I may have discovered the problem, although I don't know what to do to fix it. I have an alert that says:

"Server is unable to update the configuration" and it shows a last updated date of 11/29/1999?

It looks like it's reverting back to a last known configuration.......

The event viewer shows errors that the configuration agent was unable to upload the config to the ISA services.

I'll be digging around online for a solution......if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lobot

(in reply to lobot)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> 502 Proxy Error -- Active Directory Issue? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts