• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

"Unidentified IP traffic"

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Web Proxy] >> Unihomed >> "Unidentified IP traffic" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"Unidentified IP traffic" - 30.Apr.2007 4:20:56 PM   
FroDaddy

I'm using an ISA server within my organization behind a hardware firewall and router.  Its intended use is to proxy web users for internet filtering.  I am using one network card on the server.  Also, I have one firewall access rule that allows any network sources to get to any network destination via any port.

However, my backup software is unable to communicate with the ISA server.  It has a client that installs on the ISA server and operates over port 6123.  I have added user defined protocols to allow incoming and outgoing TCP traffic on that port.  When I try to communicate to the ISA server, it will log "Unidentified IP traffic" as the protocol via TCP transport and the Enterprise Default Rule is responsible with the result code being 0XC004000D FWX_E_POLICY_RULES_DENIED.  This will show up 3 times before the backup server gives up.

I've ran network monitor on both the ISA and backup server, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

Why does ISA bypass my rule to allow traffic in/out on port 6123?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: "Unidentified IP traffic" - 9.May2007 8:05:35 AM   
tshinder

The ISA Firewall is a FIREWALL. Get a second NIC in that ISA Firewall so that it can shore up the security holes in your "hardware" firewall. Then we'll be able to fix your current problem.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to FroDaddy)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Web Proxy] >> Unihomed >> "Unidentified IP traffic" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts