• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Access rule newbie question

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> Access rule newbie question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Access rule newbie question - 1.May2007 2:09:44 AM   
kildjun

Hi !!

First i would like to apologize me for my bad english !!

will try now to explain what is my question.

i have a computer set in internal network as a domain controller and has the ip 192.168.0.25 and some groups and users created in domain.

i have another computer with standard isa firewall 2006 installed with the ip 192.168.0.15 and that is not part of the domain.

What i need is to create a rule for the users or groups created in active directory. but when i try to create a new user set and use windows users and groups it just show me the computer where the isa server is installed not allowing me to change the location. I tried to use ldap server and set the ldap server configuration in general. Now it can find the users and groups in active directory. but when i try to apply this new rule it gives me an error saying that this user cant be used in access rule. I should change authentication method or remove the user.

What am i doing wrong ???

Thanks in advance
Post #: 1
RE: Access rule newbie question - 1.May2007 2:28:41 AM   
elmajdal

Hi,

quote:

i have another computer with standard isa firewall 2006 installed with the ip 192.168.0.15 and that is not part of the domain.

Why !!!
Join your ISA to the Domain , check this article : http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/Debunking-Myth-that-ISA-Firewall-Should-Not-Domain-Member.html

quote:

I tried to use ldap server and set the ldap server configuration in general. Now it can find the users and groups in active directory. but when i try to apply this new rule it gives me an error saying that this user cant be used in access rule. 

As the Config/Add-ins/Webfilter says ; the LDAP Authenticatin is just for Incoming web requests
Thus, You can not authenticate users via LDAP Authentication for the outgoing internet access.

HTH,
Tarek

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to kildjun)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> Access rule newbie question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts