Problem Regarding urlcache (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General

DarkA -> Problem Regarding urlcache (9.May2007 10:24:49 AM)

Hi guys how are u all , actually am facing some problem regarding clearing the ISA cache because the cache partition is full so I figure out that I need to empty the cache and what I did is:
disable the cachethen I go to monitoring then I choose services and I stopped them allthen I go to the partition where I choose to save the cache file and I try once I delete urlcache and then I try to delete the whole foler but guess what when I go and start the service and enable the cache and configure the size of the cache the cache file which is  urlcache back again with the same capacity and I use ISA 2004
and donít know what to do .
also I try to open the sdtest.exe from the ISA file but it give me error and told me to install the application again
please if any one knows how to work with this scenario I'll be appreciate.
Thank you  

ianfermo -> RE: Problem Regarding urlcache (9.May2007 11:53:20 AM)

Hi,

You can try using Cachedir from MS.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=88117626-d72c-4cc8-a15f-c1fbdbcff688&displaylang=en

Cheers...

DarkA -> RE: Problem Regarding urlcache (9.May2007 3:44:47 PM)

Dear ianfermo
Thank you for u quick response I appreciate, any way I download the file and install it but when I run it it give me error message u can see the link below i upload the error message pic and the error message is:

THE APPLICATION HAS FAILED TO START BECAUSE MSFPC.DLL WAS NOT FOUND. RE-INSTALL THE APPLICATION MAY FIX THIS PROBLEM.

And for your information I have win 2003 Standard Edition with SP2, any chance to clear the cache manually because this file dose not work.
Thanks again 
http://rapidshare.com/files/30413731/error.JPG.html

elmajdal -> RE: Problem Regarding urlcache (9.May2007 5:33:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DarkA

Dear ianfermo
Thank you for u quick response I appreciate, any way I download the file and install it but when I run it it give me error message u can see the link below i upload the error message pic and the error message is:

THE APPLICATION HAS FAILED TO START BECAUSE MSFPC.DLL WAS NOT FOUND. RE-INSTALL THE APPLICATION MAY FIX THIS PROBLEM.

You Have to install Cachedir INSIDE the ISA Server folder under program files

HTH,
Tarek

elmajdal -> RE: Problem Regarding urlcache (9.May2007 5:39:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DarkA
but guess what when I go and start the service and enable the cache and configure the size of the cache the cache file which is  urlcache back again with the same capacity and I use ISA 2004
and don't know what to do .

Yes, the moment you start the service again , the urlcache folder will be the same capacity as you set your Cache Size inside ISA MMC !!

It will not start with 0 kb and then by time will be increased.

The urlcache folder capacity is the same as you set the cache inside ISA MMC, so if you want to minimize the urlcache foler capacity , then set the Cache inside ISA mmc to a smaller value.

HTH,
Tarek

DarkA -> RE: Problem Regarding urlcache (10.May2007 8:35:35 AM)

Dear elmajdal
Thank you for your response after I run the software I found all the web site in the left pane and I delete them all and after I restart the server and look in the cache folder it has the SAME CAPACIY did I do somw thing wrong?
Also I notice that the web site in the left pane most of them appears as IP ADDRESS and a little appears as www.xxx.com any idea why that?
Is there any way to empty the cache file to be ZERO CAPACITY because if you see what I did in my first post it did not work with me
Thank you and waiting for u response

ClintD -> RE: Problem Regarding urlcache (10.May2007 10:31:01 AM)

ISA allocates all of the disk space, regardless of the actual content inside the cache file, so that the cache file content will be contiguous on the disk - this is to minimize disk I/O as much as possible.

Tarek has told you already how to fix this -you need to set the Cache size to a lower value inside the ISA admin console.

ISA Console\Configuration\Cache\Define Cache Drives\

DarkA -> RE: Problem Regarding urlcache (12.May2007 3:08:16 PM)

Thanks ClintD, appreciate that you make it clear now thanks

Page: [1]