• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Service terminated with service-specific error 212994 (0x34002).

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> Service terminated with service-specific error 212994 (0x34002). Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Service terminated with service-specific error 212994 (... - 20.May2007 9:54:29 PM   
ozgurerdogan

Right after installing the isa 2006 on a fresh installed win2003 R2 box I got;

The Microsoft ISA Server services cannot be started. Please try restarting the computer.
Restarting and even formating and reinstalling windows did not work.
And in event logs it says :

The Microsoft Firewall service terminated with service-specific error 212994 (0x34002).

So after some inverstigation I found out that; If I change the Log On user for service "Microsoft Firewall" to Local System acount or Administrator acount then service starts. But if I leave it as NetworkService which comes with isa installation isa service can not be started. And in isa logs there is:
Description: The Microsoft Data Engine (MSSQL$MSFW) service could not open an ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) connection for accessing the MSDE database for Microsoft Firewall logging. Microsoft Data Engine service error description: Invalid connection string attribute, [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied..
The failure is due to error: Unspecified error

So will I have to change the LogOn user for isa service to Local System acount or an Admin acount to make it work? Where is the problem?
Post #: 1
RE: Service terminated with service-specific error 2129... - 7.Aug.2008 6:18:22 AM   
oreidomar

I had a similar problem, same error in event log.

My system: ISA Server 2006 SP1 running on a Hyper-V server, logging to a remote SQL Server 2000 DB. Microsoft Firewall service running under network service user.

Resolution:
1. Changed from using a SQL Server machine-specific account to a domain one, also set up to be db_owner of the logs DB.
2. Recovery options for Microsoft Firewall service changed to always restart service, with a delay of 1 minute.

Now it doesn't matter how many times I restart ISA computer or turnit off from Hyper-V manager, ISA always gets back to its job.

I know it's way too late for this answer to be useful for you, but maybe someone else stops loosing time with this...

Cheers!

(in reply to ozgurerdogan)
Post #: 2
RE: Service terminated with service-specific error 2129... - 8.Aug.2008 9:51:47 AM   
tshinder

Thanks for the info!!!

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to oreidomar)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> Service terminated with service-specific error 212994 (0x34002). Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts