• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Unable to Import XML files

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> General >> Unable to Import XML files Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unable to Import XML files - 25.May2007 11:08:36 PM   
DB Hislop

Hi All,

I have been crusing through this site, and have found a link to isaserver.bm which contains a list of destination sets to block inappropriate sites. I would love to use these in our network, but when I went to import them, the following error occurs:

"The ISA Server configuration cannot be imported because it was exported from a computer running an earlier version of ISA Server without requesting inclusion of the user permission settings or confidential information. Fo upgrading, the configuration must be exported with inclusion of these settings and the confidential information."

We are currently running ISA Server 2006 Enterprise Edition. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance

Dean
Post #: 1
RE: Unable to Import XML files - 12.Jul.2007 12:08:02 PM   
johnny_mango

I have the same problem under different circumstances. I want to importa certain URL sets etc from ISA Server 2004 EE to ISA 2006 EE, but recieve the same error message upon importing. I have tried exporting the confidential information, and without exporting it, but get the same result.

Will post back if the issue is a Service pack on the ISA 2004 machine or the installation of SurfControl on both computers.

(in reply to DB Hislop)
Post #: 2
RE: Unable to Import XML files - 12.Jul.2007 1:15:27 PM   
elmajdal

quote:

ORIGINAL: DB Hislop

Hi All,

I have been crusing through this site, and have found a link to isaserver.bm which contains a list of destination sets to block inappropriate sites. I would love to use these in our network, but when I went to import them, the following error occurs:

"The ISA Server configuration cannot be imported because it was exported from a computer running an earlier version of ISA Server without requesting inclusion of the user permission settings or confidential information. Fo upgrading, the configuration must be exported with inclusion of these settings and the confidential information."

We are currently running ISA Server 2006 Enterprise Edition. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance

Dean

Have u tried to contact Steve ?? the webmaster of isaserver.bm ?

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to DB Hislop)
Post #: 3
RE: Unable to Import XML files - 12.Jul.2007 2:13:22 PM   
ferrix

Well OP's post was in May.. and the new reply doesn't seem to be about the isaserver.bm lists at all, just a procedure that gives the same error message.

I'm guessing Steve might not be able to help.

That said, I am not sure why this error would occur even with the requested info in the export.  If worst came to worse it wouldn't be too hard to create a script or .net app that parsed the xml and created a new URL set by using the ISA SDK calls.  That's just the developer in me talking

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 4
RE: Unable to Import XML files - 12.Jul.2007 3:10:00 PM   
johnny_mango

Yes, I´m in agreement that it doesn´t have much to do with the original post, but then again, the person who created the url sets probably used ISA 2004 to do so.

For the record, the original server is an ISA 2004 EE SP2, as the client wanted to do some testing of SP3 before putting it in production.

Would it be preferable to create a new topic, or shall I send you my .xml file?

(in reply to ferrix)
Post #: 5
RE: Unable to Import XML files - 8.Aug.2007 12:44:14 PM   
WebiFied

I had the same issue so I just re-created the same URL sets and Domain Name sets in ISA 2006 EE.  If you would like copies of them, let me know.

(in reply to DB Hislop)
Post #: 6
RE: Unable to Import XML files - 10.Aug.2007 5:29:45 PM   
johnny_mango

Thanks for the offer WebiFied.

To resolve my problem I created a new URL set in ISA 2006, exported it, and just copied and pasted the lines with the particular entries from the ISA 2004 set, then imported it back into ISA 2006, and Bob´s your uncle, how´s your father?

(in reply to WebiFied)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> General >> Unable to Import XML files Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts