• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: isa2

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation >> RE: isa2 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: isa2 - 8.Jun.2007 11:18:09 AM   
daviddavis

Hi Dave

Yes, David - good name

Yes, it is all confusing. I had initially assumed that the connection was 2 way satellite and, thus, it seemed like a more typical ISA config where you have ISA between the Internet and the internal LAN. When I learned that it was one-way satellite that left me 'scratching my head' a little about how to configure ISA.

I did post some links I found on how to do it so, hopefully, that will help Rockey out.

Yes, I agree, satellite is going to have serious latency issues and, if it is the only option, then upgrading to two-way would be the best choice.

Thanks for your comments!

All the best to you,

David Davis
Train Signal Video Author of ISA Server Video Series
Available at: http://tinyurl.com/2sp33l
Also, checkout my Website for great FREE knowledgebase articles & forums: http://www.happyrouter.com

(in reply to Rotorblade)
Post #: 21
RE: isa2 - 9.Jun.2007 1:43:21 AM   
cancee

Dear Sir,

Regarding your Links What you type here thanks so much but for your kind information I already work with this Company and take also from him CIR and All guys just say that do like this do like this but What I see that in reality and practically  every things is different,
Well your Ideaís not HELP me, coz these all things I already Tried before 1 year
Thatís why I post my Diagram in detail but I am very SAD that no one understand 100% and give me a Solution that is 101% ok !

Well Sir In Our Train Signal Labs the things is very easy as we see but when we practice in real that is totally different. I know the IDEA butÖ

And I donít find any yours Update Diagram Sir What I mention in my Diagram that I 100% ok and final I just need to know How to FIX ISA LAT on it 100% what is Routing table inside .

NOW What I do some one tell me ?

Waiting for your reply,

Rocky  !

(in reply to daviddavis)
Post #: 22
RE: isa2 - 10.Jun.2007 1:38:12 AM   
cancee

Dear Sir,

Please See My Modem Routing Table and Guide me I need your guide line.

I am vry thank full.

(in reply to daviddavis)
Post #: 23
RE: isa2 - 13.Jun.2007 4:06:58 AM   
cancee

Dear SIR,

One thing I need to say If you become Called a TRAINER or " TEACHER" so you should knows the meaning of these WORDS .

Best Regards,

ROCKEY

Edited to remove inflammatory remarks.

< Message edited by Michael Vella -- 15.Jun.2007 3:47:36 AM >

(in reply to daviddavis)
Post #: 24
RE: isa2 - 13.Jun.2007 4:49:30 AM   
cancee

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rotorblade

David,

No problem, just wanted to clarify, actually my name is David too. Coming in on the tail-end which BTW I first followed when Rockey first posted his thread talking about DSL issues and Tom replied and it has since moved to one-way satellite issues. How it got to that is a little confusing, anyway personally, if Satellite is his only option, I would suggest an upgrade! We moved away from one-way 5 years ago. As I mentioned, latency is a big issue and there a things that just don't work well with Sat internet. Video is one of them. I know it's probably not the answer he is looking for but that would be my suggestion.

Regards,

RB
(Dave)

Dear Sir ,

Thanks for your Support to me Please Read My Next POST " David Davis" Am I wrong I spend 250US$ and What OUT PUT ?
Read my new POST .

Regards,
ROCKEY

(in reply to Rotorblade)
Post #: 25
RE: isa2 - 14.Jun.2007 4:16:34 PM   
daviddavis

Rockey,

You have a strange way of trying to get someone to help you solve a complex issue - insult them until they solve your problem.

Let me tell you that this approach to getting someone's help doesn't usually work, including in this case.

I do have knowledge of ISA server and, yes, that is what my video provides. By buying the video, that doesn't entitle you to free technical support of any ISA issue  nor does it allow you to expect me to solve whatever strange configuration you decide to put ISA into. I have tried my best to help you solve your problem and have been honest with you that I (and apparantly most other people on this forum) have never had any experience using ISA server with one-way satellite systems. I did even track down a few links for you that explain how other people have done it.

For buying a video, you get what the video promised - video training on a product. If you want support on how to use ISA server, you have the same two options I do when I have trouble with a configuration:
1) post a message on a forum and hope that some takes their spare time to help you out of the goodness of their heart
2) call Microsoft (or whoever the vendor is) and pay them to help you.

I never claimed I "knew everything about everything" and would "be your ISA support person". It sounds like you misunderstood.

I came back to the forum today because I knew I needed to get back to you on this question and I was prepared to spend some time trying to figure out a configuration that I have never dealt with before. Its funny how you were so nice and thankful for my help but as soon as a couple of days go by where I can't respond - you turn to insulting me.

I am have spent my time trying to help as best as I can. Free technical support is hard to find. I suggest you not try to insult anyone in order to get them to help you - it just doesn't work like that.

< Message edited by daviddavis -- 14.Jun.2007 5:30:14 PM >

David Davis
Train Signal Video Author of ISA Server Video Series
Available at: http://tinyurl.com/2sp33l
Also, checkout my Website for great FREE knowledgebase articles & forums: http://www.happyrouter.com

(in reply to daviddavis)
Post #: 26
RE: isa2 - 15.Jun.2007 3:46:28 AM   
Michael Vella

This thread has been locked.

ISAserver.org Moderator

(in reply to daviddavis)
Post #: 27

Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation >> RE: isa2 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts