• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Unable to monitor ISA from remote computer

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Unable to monitor ISA from remote computer Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unable to monitor ISA from remote computer - 4.Jun.2007 2:41:32 PM   
AdamB2K4

I am unable to query log or session data from a remote machine using teh MMC console plugin for ISA server.  All other aspects of the console function properly.  I can even remotely change the configuration information for web proxy or firewall logging. 

When I start query on the sessions screen, I receive the following error:
"The query stopped because an error occurred while it was running."

When I start query on the logging screen, I always receive "no results found".

My system policy allows MMC from the computer I am using the MMS console plug in from. 

Any ideas?

Adam
Post #: 1
RE: Unable to monitor ISA from remote computer - 4.Jun.2007 4:36:22 PM   
AdamB2K4

After monitoring the log while trying to use MMC, I determined that ports 1062, 1064 and 64242 are required for this to happen.  Curious, though, why the system policy editor for MMC does not allow these ports, if they are required for the ISA server MMC console plugin.

Created a rule allowing outgoing 1062, 1064 and 64242 from the client computer to ISA server local host, and everything is working now.

EDIT: Subsequent to posting this, I had to install a hotfix for ISA server, because I was unable to edit the threshold of connectivity verifiers.  After installing that hotfix, surprisingly the ports required to monitor ISA through remote MMC changed. Now on my system they are TCP 45940,45941 & 45947.

I find this to be very unusual.

< Message edited by AdamB2K4 -- 7.Jun.2007 2:12:36 PM >

(in reply to AdamB2K4)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Unable to monitor ISA from remote computer Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts