• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Outlook problem in proxy (ISA server 2004)

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Outlook problem in proxy (ISA server 2004) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outlook problem in proxy (ISA server 2004) - 8.Jun.2007 2:02:39 AM   
dharamsale

Hi

I configured Active Directory 2003 in one machine the IP is 172.31.0.1 and getaway and DNS also same, I have anther one machine in that I configured Domain member in that I installed ISA server with to NIC one is for internet and anther one is for internal network (172.31.0.3) in client said I configured proxy(ISA server firewall client software).
Policies are

Allow – All outbound traffic- all network (internal & Local Host)- external-administrator UsersAllow – SMTP,Pop3, Imap4-internal & local host-external-all usersAllow---all outbound traffic-internal-(group of site)---support team  
Mean I want allow mail access(mail client) to all users and stop some site to particular users it working fine, but when I am accessing outlook 2003 I am not able to access mail but same when I am using outlook express then I am able to access my mail

Please any one guide me      
Post #: 1
RE: Outlook problem in proxy (ISA server 2004) - 8.Jun.2007 3:26:16 AM   
elmajdal

Hi ,
read this : http://www.isaserver.org/articles/2004olpop3smtp.html

and by the way
quote:

configured Active Directory 2003 in one machine the IP is 172.31.0.1 and getaway and DNS also same,

the Domain Controller is set as a Default Gateway for itself ?!?!! Remove this and set it to point to ISA Server.

HTH,
Tarek

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to dharamsale)
Post #: 2
RE: Outlook problem in proxy (ISA server 2004) - 8.Jun.2007 4:07:30 AM   
dharamsale

hi

I have DHCP, if i changed  Default Gateway then any problem to my network i can do it ? so in domain system i have to set Default Gateway is ISA server ok and client i have to set Default Gateway is ISA server then it is right?

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 3
RE: Outlook problem in proxy (ISA server 2004) - 8.Jun.2007 4:26:08 AM   
elmajdal

quote:

I have DHCP, if i changed  Default Gateway then any problem to my network i can do it ?

You Set the properties for the DHCP Server, from the DHCP Console !!!

quote:

so in domain system i have to set Default Gateway is ISA server ok and client i have to set Default Gateway is ISA server then it is right?

Setting your DC's Default Gateway to ISA Server, will set it as a SecureNat client, as well as your clients. If you Do not wish to use SecureNat client, then do not set the default gateway on them to point to ISA Server.

Tarek Majdalani

(in reply to dharamsale)
Post #: 4
RE: Outlook problem in proxy (ISA server 2004) - 9.Jun.2007 6:32:39 AM   
dharamsale

Hi

Last time I changed firewall client setting (referred sitehttp://www.isaserver.org/articles/2004olpop3smtp.html) then all my client able to access outlook but know

I have 10 laptop I don’t want to join them in domain network, so I created duplicated copy of user name in domain (what they have in their laptops) and configured ISA firewall client the client able to access internet but they are not bale to access outlook (mail client) and last time you told to change DG of clients and DC but after changing also not working, right know my network is down

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 5
RE: Outlook problem in proxy (ISA server 2004) - 9.Jun.2007 8:12:02 AM   
elmajdal

quote:

right know my network is down

All the Network ?!!
quote:

Last time I changed firewall client setting (referred sitehttp://www.isaserver.org/articles/2004olpop3smtp.html) then all my client able to access outlook but know 

or only those 10 laptops ??

do u have a diagram of your Network ??

Tarek Majdalani

(in reply to dharamsale)
Post #: 6
RE: Outlook problem in proxy (ISA server 2004) - 9.Jun.2007 9:33:18 AM   
dharamsale

Hi

Not all network only laptops, I not joined that systems just I created one username an d password and same copy of user name I created at server also and I configured ISA firewall client, then they are able to get internet but when they are connecting outlook then outlook is not able to receive and send mails, these clients are windows 2003 server OS, but in XP OS its coming.

So you told last time to point DC getaway to ISA server I did like that, but its problem with some systems.

Network diagram is

DC—172.31.0.1/dns also in same system (getaway I pointed ISA server)
ISA server—172.31.0.3  (two NIC card one is for internal without getaway assigned and another one is ISP)

(in reply to dharamsale)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Outlook problem in proxy (ISA server 2004) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts