SecureNAT and firewall client getaway problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General

dharamsale -> SecureNAT and firewall client getaway problem (14.Jun.2007 4:48:58 AM)

I configured active directory 2003 server and I assigned 172.31.0.1 IP address getaway is 172.31.0.3 and subnet is 255.255.255.128 and DNS is 172.31.0.1, and in other machine I installed ISA server 2004 and I have 2 NIC cards one is internal (IP is 172.31.0.3 and DNS 172.31.0.1) and external 192.168.0.x for internet connection and I configured at client said 172.31.0.x IP, Default getaway is 172.31.0.1 and DNS is 172.31.0.1 so problem is that those I joined to domain that all working fine but those I not joined just created mirror copy of User ID and password to them I am getting problem, outlook is not working some time its work and some time it won’t work,

So shell I have to assign ISA server IP as a default getaway to clients to get securenat for outlook ? or is there any changes I have to do?     

elmajdal -> RE: SecureNAT and firewall client getaway problem (14.Jun.2007 6:09:43 AM)

Hi,

quote:

So shell I have to assign ISA server IP as a default getaway to clients to get securenat for outlook ? or is there any changes I have to do?     

If you do not want to force authentication for these laptops that are not joined to the domain, you can simply set these clients as SecureNat and create a rule on ISA Server to allow these Laptops IPs ( create a Computer List for them ) and set the codition as ALL Users .

HTH,
Tarek

dharamsale -> RE: SecureNAT and firewall client getaway problem (14.Jun.2007 8:35:00 AM)

Hi

i did like that only but they are not connecting, and shell i have to assign ip manuly or through DHCP, which is right whey and anther one think ISA server DG is not assigned and DC DG is ISA server but at client said i assigned DC IP as a DG then it work for secureNAT cleints

elmajdal -> RE: SecureNAT and firewall client getaway problem (14.Jun.2007 9:18:29 AM)

You Internal DNS Server should forward rquests to your ISP DNS Server.

read this : http://elmajdal.net/isaserver/Internal_DNS_Forwarding.aspx

and what do u mean when u set your clients DG to your DC it works ??

is your DC your ISA Serve ?

dharamsale -> RE: SecureNAT and firewall client getaway problem (15.Jun.2007 12:43:36 AM)

Hi

ISA server is different machine and active directory is different system, ISP connection is connected to ISA server machine and Active directory system have internal DNS server, but all client systems configured their default getaway is active directory server and Active directory server default getaway is configured ISA server. So I want to know shell I configured to all client default gateway I  ISA server. And internal DNS server has to forward ISP DNS?  

elmajdal -> RE: SecureNAT and firewall client getaway problem (15.Jun.2007 1:33:10 AM)

quote:

So I want to know shell I configured to all client default gateway I  ISA server. And internal DNS server has to forward ISP DNS?  

Yes !!

Page: [1]