• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

SSO with different forms of authentication

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Web Publishing >> SSO with different forms of authentication Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SSO with different forms of authentication - 18.Jun.2007 10:47:12 AM   
RzzAnthony

Hi everyone,

Can I use SSO to authenticate to sites using different types of authentication?  I have apps that don't use Kerberos-based auth but rather use forms-based auth.  Even though they are authenticating against a DC, converting them to use Kerberos-based auth would be a nightmare and would take forever.

If I'm not being clear, please let me know.

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: SSO with different forms of authentication - 18.Jun.2007 10:54:46 AM   
Yorgy

This document should answer your questions, it provides a plethora information about authentication in 2006

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/isa/2006/authentication.mspx

HTH
Yorgy

Life is a zoo in a jungle!

(in reply to RzzAnthony)
Post #: 2
RE: SSO with different forms of authentication - 19.Aug.2008 4:02:21 AM   
pgee0909

Yorgy,

allow me to plug-in to your post about SSO with different forms of authentication, with a small practical question.

I've read the document you linked to.
It says "The Web server must be configured to use the authentication scheme that matches the delegation method used by ISA Server. "

I've a situation with a ISA Server 2006 using web publishing, with 2 different application types in the back end: one webserver (IIS) with basic authentication and another server with a logon page (logon.aspx). Both authenticate against the same AD.

The customer would like to have SSO with ISA covering both applications.

If the authentication scheme must match the delegation method of ISA, does this mean that I cannot use SSO between webserver with the basic authentication and the web server with the logon page?

Kind regards,
Peter

(in reply to Yorgy)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Web Publishing >> SSO with different forms of authentication Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts