• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA2006 EE NLB design and setup question

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> ISA2006 EE NLB design and setup question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA2006 EE NLB design and setup question - 19.Jun.2007 8:10:57 AM   
olkrehan

Hi all,

I'm currently working on an ISA2006 EE array implementation with NLB so we are able to load-balance traffic and have some kind of fault tolerance.
Our 2 ISA servers are both domain members. The domain controllers are in one of the subnets that have to be load-balanced. Since this is not recommended by MS, I tried to use a separate NIC for intraarray-communication. I installed the first ISA-server with local CSS and changed the NIC used for intraarray communication to a separate one. I also changed DNS entries to point to the ip of the new NIC. Furthermore, I added the IP (of the NIC used for intraaarray c.) of the second ISA to the list of allowd replication hosts.
When I try to install the second ISA, there is an authentication issue while connecting to the CSS of the first ISA. I suppose this is caused by using a different NIC for intraarray c. than the one which is connected to the subnet where the domain controllers are.
I also added a rule on the first ISA that allows the first ISA to "talk" to the domain controllers but still no success.

I'm pretty new to using ISA in a cluster environment and I'm not sure where I've made the error or if there is some general fault in the  design so I would be very thankful if someone with experience could give me some hints.

Here is a short overview what I try to achieve:

- separate 6 networks from each other, one of them is the internal network where the domain controllers reside.
- use load-balancing for all of these networks
- if possible, put the CSS on the isa servers since we only have two hp dl380 (putting the CSS on a domain controller is an option and should be preferred as I could read in the topics here)

Thanks for any help.
Best regards,
Oliver
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> ISA2006 EE NLB design and setup question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts