• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Not able send/receive mail in Oulook by webproxy client

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> Not able send/receive mail in Oulook by webproxy client Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Not able send/receive mail in Oulook by webproxy client - 21.Jun.2007 5:17:08 AM   
mzakir

Dear All,

I have Installed & configured ISA 2004 standard with SP3.
Configured Internal DNS server as per article published on this site which is very good tips Thanks for that.

I have little problem about outlook. I am not able to send/received mails from mail client application. (outlook) I have allowed POP3 & SMTP protocol also so pls guide what's the problem or what I am missing ?

All the clients are webproxy, (I don't want to use Secure NAT & Firewall Client method)

HTTP, HTTPS, FTP are working properly as per our requirement.

Pls revert back

Thanks in advance.

< Message edited by mzakir -- 21.Jun.2007 10:00:52 AM >

Malek Zakir
MCP,MCSA:Security,MCSA:Messaging,MCTS,CCNA,DCH
Post #: 1
RE: Not able send/receive mail in Oulook by webproxy cl... - 21.Jun.2007 8:57:00 AM   
divyamshah

Dear All,

I have same problem as faced by Mr.Malik Zakir. Can any one help without use of SecureNet, Firewall proxy is it possible to use pop3/smtp for outlook express..??
ie. By the help of webproxy to run successfully run Outlook Express.

Regards,

Divyam Shah
CCNA,MCSA 2003 Track,DHT.

(in reply to mzakir)
Post #: 2
RE: Not able to send/receive mail in Oulook by webproxy... - 21.Jun.2007 10:03:29 AM   
mzakir

I am requesting to all the seniors, pls look into this matter & revert back asap.

Malek Zakir

(in reply to divyamshah)
Post #: 3
RE: Not able to send/receive mail in Oulook by webproxy... - 22.Jun.2007 5:23:39 AM   
ITEngineer

well, the client is calle Web Proxy Client, this means the supported protocols are HTTP, HTTPS &  FTP !

This explains why SMTP & POP3 are not working ?

(in reply to mzakir)
Post #: 4
RE: Not able to send/receive mail in Oulook by webproxy... - 22.Jun.2007 5:33:30 AM   
divyamshah

Dear    Mr. Engineer,

Except ISA other web proxy like freeproxy or analoggx if u configure in server & u configure your pop3 and  smtp protocol then from client machine u configure outlook with ip address of proxy server with 110 & 25 port this will works..so is there any possibiliites in isa ...?

Pls revert..

Regards,

Divyam Shah

(in reply to ITEngineer)
Post #: 5
RE: Not able to send/receive mail in Oulook by webproxy... - 22.Jun.2007 6:06:39 AM   
justmee

Hi,
I do not know what you want to achieve, but if you need to authenticate SMTP and POP3 you must use the FWC.
SMTP and PO3 filters do not apply for access rules(outbound access).

(in reply to divyamshah)
Post #: 6
RE: Not able to send/receive mail in Oulook by webproxy... - 22.Jun.2007 6:42:09 AM   
divyamshah

Dear All,

As I told u earlier other proxy are supporting this feather that by
configuring web setting in ie & outlook if we configure

email address : xyz@ibulls.com
pop3 ip address : proxy server ip
smtp ip address : proxy server ip

user id : xyz & password ****** as we used in web-based mail
it is working..means we are using only web proxy client from isa.

so if possible same thing in isa will be highly good.

Regards.,

Divyam Shah

(in reply to justmee)
Post #: 7
RE: Not able to send/receive mail in Oulook by webproxy... - 22.Jun.2007 7:39:02 AM   
ITEngineer

read again
quote:

well, the client is calle Web Proxy Client, this means the supported protocols are HTTP, HTTPS &  FTP !
what was not so obvious in the previous reply ?

with ISA Server Web Proxy Clients, These are the supported protocols : HTTP, HTTPS &  FTP

i Do NOT See SMTP & POP3 with them.

If you do not want to require authentication, set your clients as SecureNET Clients.

(in reply to divyamshah)
Post #: 8
RE: Not able to send/receive mail in Oulook by webproxy... - 22.Jun.2007 8:02:29 AM   
MCSA.Security.Messag

you only need to repeat and repeat for some ppl

good to be here again and see that this site is still alive.

(in reply to ITEngineer)
Post #: 9
RE: Not able to send/receive mail in Oulook by webproxy... - 22.Jun.2007 10:14:56 AM   
mzakir

Thanks to all buddies

I do not want to use Secure NAT & FWC.

Lastly I have to believe that in ISA, web proxy clients can not use POP3 & SMTP mail clients.

Dear Tom & Tarek,
Is it OK???
Is there any other solution ?

pls reply !!!!

Malek Zakir

(in reply to MCSA.Security.Messag)
Post #: 10
RE: Not able to send/receive mail in Oulook by webproxy... - 22.Jun.2007 11:11:29 AM   
elmajdal

Hi Malek,

read this :

quote:

The Web Proxy Client : The Web proxy client is a machine that has its browser configured to use the ISA Firewall as its Web proxy device. Browser configuration can be done manually, or can be automated using the WPAD protocol and WPAD entries in DHCP and/or DNS. The Web proxy client configuration supports only HTTP, HTTPS, and HTTP tunneled FTP requests and does not support FTP upload, only FTP download. Web proxy clients can authenticate with the ISA Firewall, in contrast to SecureNET clients, which cannot authenticate with the ISA Firewall.

Source : http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/Definitive-Guide-ISA-Firewall-Outbound-DNS-Scenarios-Part2.html

HTH,
Tarek

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to mzakir)
Post #: 11
RE: Not able to send/receive mail in Oulook by webproxy... - 22.Jun.2007 1:56:34 PM   
mzakir

Thanks Boss!!!

For such a Good Info!!!

I want to tell you something, I have joined with isaserver.org in April, 2007 as a member and now day by day I am learning so many things about ISA by your kind support.

ISA is a very interesting & I am planning to concentrate on ISA to learn much more about it.

Thanks to all the members.

Best of Luck!!!

Cheers!!!

Malek Zakir

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 12
RE: Not able send/receive mail in Oulook by webproxy cl... - 23.Jun.2007 3:44:43 AM   
YASSERIM2

Hi Mzakir
to resolve the problem
in isa mmc in the right window click to general and choose Define firewall client settings, go to application tab and select outlook change value from 1 to 0 press ok
all mails now is working

yasserim2

Network Admin   ( MCSE )

(in reply to mzakir)
Post #: 13
RE: Not able send/receive mail in Oulook by webproxy cl... - 23.Jun.2007 6:42:33 AM   
mzakir

Thanks Yaaser but I'll check later b'cuaz my Net is down right now.

Will give you update asap.

Malek Zakir

(in reply to YASSERIM2)
Post #: 14
RE: Not able send/receive mail in Oulook by webproxy cl... - 23.Jun.2007 12:31:20 PM   
spouseele

Hi Malek,

though Yasser is correct you'll have to enable outlook in the firewall client settings in order to have user based access control, keep in mind this does *not* make Outlook behave as a Web Proxy client. So, the limitations outlined by Tarek are still valid.

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to mzakir)
Post #: 15
RE: Not able send/receive mail in Oulook by webproxy cl... - 10.Jul.2007 5:59:13 AM   
dait

Hai Dear Members iam new in the forum i was install ISA 2004 Sp3, i install fire wall client my outlook working properly But when i logon local computer its not working anything, isa fire wall client can work only in the Domain, its will not work local machine, is there any possibility FWC can work local Machine   

Dait

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 16
RE: Not able send/receive mail in Oulook by webproxy cl... - 10.Jul.2007 7:29:09 AM   
thenovice

Hi all

Here is my dilema, all my clients utilising ISA 2004 require the following functionality.
Non-domain member/computer (temp consultants) utlising either Mac or PC laptops to have the ability to connected to the 'Internal' network and still access Web and POP3 mail via the ISA2004 server.

I am able to configure user (on non-domain PC or Mac) to access local server shares & web no problem, it is POP3 accounts via ISA2004 that has me stumped. On linux firewall, simple allow SMTP traffic outbound for specific destination smtp.server.external (or capture and forward) from 'internal' and allow POP3 for destination pop3.server.external through on port 110 source 'internal'.

(in reply to dait)
Post #: 17

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> Not able send/receive mail in Oulook by webproxy client Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts