• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

hardware upgrade question

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> hardware upgrade question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
hardware upgrade question - 23.Jun.2007 3:53:23 PM   
jsalow

I can't find any definitive recommendation on how to move ISA 2006 EE to new and different server hardware. It seems that Backup Exec isn't an option if the hardware is different. The enterprise has 3 arrays with 1 member in each array and a configuration server on each of those members (home office and two remote offices). The one I need to move is the home office and so its vital that I do this right.  The computer in question has internal interface of 10.1.5.1 and external interface has about 10 external ips. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

John
Post #: 1
RE: hardware upgrade question - 25.Jun.2007 12:08:07 PM   
tshinder

Just remove the array member that you want to replace from the Array and then join the new array member back to the array when you reinstall the ISA Firewall.

Remember, all the configuration information is stored on the CSS, not on the array members.

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to jsalow)
Post #: 2
RE: hardware upgrade question - 25.Jun.2007 2:17:48 PM   
jsalow

Tom,

The computer I want to replace is the primary CSS for 3 arrays with one array being on that computer as well. The other two arrays have backup CSS on the same machines. So basically I have one machine that has CSS and an array at 3 locations - they currently all use the machine I am replacing as the primary CSS. Should I point all of the arrays to one of the backups as primary. Then reinstall ISA and CSS on the new machine and join it to the new primary CSS?

John

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: hardware upgrade question - 26.Jun.2007 9:10:06 AM   
tshinder

Hi John,

That sounds like the best way to go.

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to jsalow)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> hardware upgrade question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts