• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA 2006 VM block physical OS network access

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> ISA 2006 VM block physical OS network access Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA 2006 VM block physical OS network access - 26.Jun.2007 2:49:57 PM   
sathai

Hi! everyone, I will be needing some help here.

I have setup group of VM in a virtual network, and i'm using ISA 2006 firewall them. The ISA VM has one NIC to connected the virtual network and the other NIC the physical network adapter.

the problem is that when i turn on the ISA VM, about 5 minutes I can not access my physical server OS (running Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1) via network (web:80,443 and RPC port). I'm sure the system to is still functioning, because I can access my another VM which is connected the same NIC port. But not the physical server OS via network.

I don't know why this setup is causing this, I don't want to add another dedicate port for ISA VM to connect too. It will cost me like $100 per month due i'm renting a dedicate server.

Can anyone help me on how to config ISA not block network access the physical server's OS.

Thank you very much in advance.

James NW
http://www.sathaihost.com
Post #: 1
RE: ISA 2006 VM block physical OS network access - 5.Jul.2007 1:57:16 PM   
alex3299

You donīt need a new NIC, you need two public IP address assigned by the ISP, one for the Host machine and another for the guest machine, if you canīt have the two IP address, you can minimize the problem by configure the host IP address with two IP address, the public IP, and a IP that belongs to the Internal network of the ISA Server VM and create a rule that allow the traffic to this IP.

Maybe this will solve your problem...

(in reply to sathai)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA 2006 VM block physical OS network access - 5.Jul.2007 2:18:40 PM   
sathai

I did use difference pubilc IP for both the VM and the VS. But I solve the problem by write a windows services check connectivity from the VS OS to check the in the internet using web services. if any time the ISA VM block access the VS OS. The services reset the OS network interface to use lookback and point the internal lookback of the ISA VM using the ISA VM as the gateway. Then I can manage the VS normally from the internet. Also this setup the VS OS is protected using ISA VM, and the ISA VM is down, the VS OS will be reset to point to the physical NIC automately. So that login and start the ISA VM.

I call this my own Fail Over Automatic Windows Services.

< Message edited by sathai -- 5.Jul.2007 2:20:15 PM >

James NW
http://www.sathaihost.com

(in reply to alex3299)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> ISA 2006 VM block physical OS network access Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts