I have a customer with ISA 2006 where we recently configured Outlook RPC over HTTPS. This works perfectly for Outlook 2003 but when someone uses Outlook 2007 (on XP or Vista) then it fails. Anyone know what's causing this? I don't have that much experience with ISA 2006. In ISA 2000 I would check the urlscan.logs but I don't know where I can find these in ISA 2006.
I've done some testing. Our setup is a Check Point firewall with an ISA 2006 unihomed in DMZ. The Exchange 2003 is located internally.
When an Outlook 2007 client connects, I see RPC_IN_DATA failing and RPC_OUT_DATA allowed in ISA 2006 monitoring.
On our firewall I noticed that the Exchange was trying to connect on TCP 6004 towards the DMZ ISA. This was blocked but I allowed this now. I am unsure if this was the case with Outlook 2003, I'll go and check.
At the moment it's still not working.
I installed the Exchange2007 patch for ISA 2006 hoping it might help but it didn't.
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK. 2. Locate and then click the following subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\RPC 3. If the RPC key does not exisit, Right-click on the Outlook Key and select New Key and call it RPC. 4. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value. 5. Type DefConnectOpts, and then press ENTER. 6. Right-click DefConnectOpts, and then click Modify. 6. In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK. 7. Exit Registry Editor. 8. Close Outlook and re-open it.