• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Invalid SSL certificate issue??

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> Invalid SSL certificate issue?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Invalid SSL certificate issue?? - 28.Jun.2007 12:58:39 PM   
wieckjc

Hardware:
ISA Server 2006 Enterprise Edition
Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition
Verizon XV6700 PocketPC

Issue:
Exchange ActiveSync errors out from PocketPC to ISA Server with the following error message:  'The security certificate on the server is invalid.  Contact your Exchange Server administrator or ISP to install a valid certificate on the server.  Support Code: 0x80072F0D'

ISA Server is in a workgroup.  I have configured a Web Publishing Rule that works just fine in an unencrypted setup.  Once I enable SSL, the Pocket PC initiates a connection over 443 to the ISA Server and the server denies the connection.

I created the cert on the FrontEnd Exchange server and had it certified by Verisign.  It is a trial cert, according to Verisign this shouldn't matter. I exported the cert from FrontEnd Exchange and imported it on the ISA Server as well as the PockePC.  Now, the FQDN in the cert does not match the ISA Server name because it is in a workgroup, not sure if this matters?  As for the F/E Exchange, the FQDN in the cert does not match it as well. Regarding the FQDN in the cert, in public DNS it refers to the external ISA Server IP.  Internally, the FQDN refers to the F/E Exchange server that I have published via ISA policy.

Help..please.  Not sure what to do here.

Thanks
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> Invalid SSL certificate issue?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts