Hi, I just change my ISP. I receive a new bloc of public IP that I add in the external NIC card properties.
After that I change all my access rules that use spécific public IP to the new one, I change all the web listener IP.
I reset the SSL certificate on the new IP (link was lost when deleting the old IP).
Change All my public DNS to point to the new IP Restart ISA computer
After that all works, but slowly: 1- My user complain slow internet browsing. 2- connect to OWA login page take 30-40 seconde and 30 more second to finish loading all the graphic interface 3- outlook connected with Rpc over HTTP can take between 5 to 25 min to complete inital connection after this initial connection all work good.
My cable ISP said that all is normal, the downlaod and upload speed that I test are good: 1.2 meg/sec in DN and 168 kbytes/sec UP.
Do I need to do something on the ISA server in case of changing all the external IP? Thanks
In the change of the new public IP in the externam NIC, I enter by error the ISP DNS. I thing this can slow down the internet browsing. I remove it I will see tomorrow.
For OWA and RPC, i think the problem is located in the SSL or Weblister. If I open an VPN to my internal network, Outlook and OWA respond normally and fast. If I close the VPN the long initial response come back. BUT in the weblistener I change the Public IP and a re-select the good certificate! Any suggestion?
I trace the RPC over HTTP connection with the logging in ISA and I can see many error like 443 Https Failed connection attempt 10054
A small part of the trace, I mark some interesting part:
The ISA log files won't help you with troubleshooting RPC/HTTP. You'll need to review your entire configuration and see if any errors come up in the Event Viewer. Also check my blog for some RPC/HTTP troubleshooting steps.
Thanks Tom for your reply, all problems is finally gone, but I don't understand well what append. I follow this 2 microsoft KB: - 927695 that put EnableRSS to 0 - 905179 that put EnablePMTUDiscovery to 1
I restart ISA server and after little more minute not more slow connection. Webbrosing is fine, and OWA and RPC connect fast.
But why before changing my ISP public IP all work good without RSS and the PMTUDiscovery. I don't know.
From: Detroit Mi.
One Item I found to be a speed boost is PMTU Blackhole setting. See the following link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900926/en-us When I set this, My speeds accross the wan and internet via the ISA server improved better then just setting PMTU