• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA problem from handheld device

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> OWA problem from handheld device Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA problem from handheld device - 2.Jul.2007 9:57:18 AM   
mikelbeck

 

Posts: 6
Joined: 19.Feb.2007
Status: offline
I've got a number of users who use handheld devices (Cingular 2125, Motorola Q, etc) and they would like to connect to our OWA with them.

However, when they connect to the web site they get an error message that says "The page cannot be displayed", and down at the bottom it says "Error code: 500 Internal Server Error. Element not found. (1168)."

On the ISA server it shows "Failed Connection Attempt" with an HTTP status code of 1168. The URL they're trying to connect is the same as our other users, but this one ends with "formdir=10".

Any ideas why this would happen, and how I can fix it?
Post #: 1
RE: OWA problem from handheld device - 6.Jul.2007 3:51:48 PM   
tshinder

 

Posts: 50013
Joined: 10.Jan.2001
From: Texas
Status: offline
This might help:

Windows Mobile Users Receive Error 401 Unauthorized
When a Microsoft Windows Mobile® user tries to access a published Outlook Web Access or Windows Mobile Web site published with the New Exchange Publishing Rule wizard, the user receives error 401 instead of the Exchange logon forms.
The required HTML form directories for Windows Mobile access are missing from the Exchange HTML form set directory, which is causing this error.
The solution is to manually create the following two directories cHTML and xHTML in the %programfiles%\Microsoft ISA Server\CookieAuthTemplate\Exchange folder. Then copy the contents of the %programfiles%\Microsoft ISA Server\CookieAuthTemplate\Exchange\HTML folder to the cHTML and xHTML folders. Restart the Firewall service for the changes to take effect.

Tom

_____________________________

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to mikelbeck)
Post #: 2
RE: OWA problem from handheld device - 7.Jul.2007 10:54:17 AM   
mikelbeck

 

Posts: 6
Joined: 19.Feb.2007
Status: offline
Yes, I saw that article and made sure that the files are where they should be.

One more thing that we've found... if the user installs Opera on their handheld device, they can connect with no issues. So it appears to be related to IE on the mobile device.

(in reply to mikelbeck)
Post #: 3
RE: OWA problem from handheld device - 9.Jul.2007 10:35:43 AM   
tshinder

 

Posts: 50013
Joined: 10.Jan.2001
From: Texas
Status: offline
That's interesting that IE fails. Any log file entries on the ISA Firewall that might point to an answer?

Tom

_____________________________

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to mikelbeck)
Post #: 4
RE: OWA problem from handheld device - 10.Jul.2007 12:19:56 AM   
ferrix

 

Posts: 547
Joined: 16.Mar.2005
Status: offline
Another item I found about "formdir" url issues answered by Jim Harrison:

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/30008050/default-isa-fba-screen.aspx

In a nutshell, make sure your authentication settings make sense for what you're trying to do. 

But I'm with Tom, I don't understand why the choice of browser would be making a difference.  *unless* it has to do with scripting or something.  As far as I remember, mobile IE has really no javascript support to speak of, while opera is essentially a fully capable mobile browser.  I can't think of why this would occur when after all you're viewing a site made of Microsoft technology, you'd think that IE would work with it.  But just another thought.

Personally I never use pocket IE.. opera is just way more featureful.  Maybe they will finally rev IE in the next version of win moblie?  Here's hoping!

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 5
RE: OWA problem from handheld device - 10.Jul.2007 8:27:52 AM   
mikelbeck

 

Posts: 6
Joined: 19.Feb.2007
Status: offline
I've checked the authentication settings and they appear to be correct for what we're doing. I've also tried enabling and disabling "require all users to authenticate" but it makes no difference - IE users still get the same error message.

The ISA logs show a connection from the client, with a result code of 500. Not much help there. ;-)

(in reply to ferrix)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> OWA problem from handheld device Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts