• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

First time setup

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> First time setup Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
First time setup - 9.Jul.2007 1:14:41 PM   
mmm81173

Another basic question, but from someone with years of experience in windows servers, exchange, etc., but new to ISA.  I have ISA 2006 Enterprise installed and configured out of the box on a dedicated server.  There's a single network interface on the server with a single static IP.  The network topology is pretty flat, with workstations in a typical dhcp config and servers static.  Questions:

1. What are the basic elements of a web proxy config?  Is there a check list somewhere to follow?  For example, I'm thinking along the lines of a list of things that have to be in place in order for it to function.  Remember, my configuration is completely blank.

2. Does the ISA server need to become the default gateway for our workstations or can it simply be added as the proxy server for web access through GPO?  I've read conflicting information regarding this.

I've seen a few quick start guides, the problem is they seem to be catered to ISA 2004 and not 2006.  I don't know how different they are.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Matt
Post #: 1
RE: First time setup - 12.Jul.2007 10:54:33 AM   
Yorgy

This technet article helped me with some of your questions.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/isa/2006/BP_Firewall_Policy/default.mspx?mfr=true

Do you have an external perimiter firewall or will ISA be your only firewall on your network? Dual NIC configuration would be my quick response if its the only firewall on your network. One for your external interface and another for your internal LAN.

HIH
Yorgy

Life is a zoo in a jungle!

(in reply to mmm81173)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> First time setup Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts