• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA 2006 design - will this work?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Web Proxy] >> Unihomed >> ISA 2006 design - will this work? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA 2006 design - will this work? - 12.Jul.2007 11:21:01 AM   
Enlil242

OK, after reading all of the posts and articles on this site recommending against using ISA 2006 on a single NIC server, I have no choice but to just use it for web-proxy / caching in our environment ... at this time...

That said, The server will sit between the the router and our PIX and all web traffic will be rotued to ISA for inspection / logging. In this scenario, do I need to configure my web-proxy clients to point to the ISA server if the traffic will be rotued to it already? I posed this question to Microsoft, but they haven't got back to me yet. Has this been set up like this elsewhere? If not, what are my options? I'd rather not have to configure every client that accesses the internet with proxy settings...

Thanks!
Jeff

< Message edited by Enlil242 -- 12.Jul.2007 11:23:33 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: ISA 2006 design - will this work? - 26.Aug.2007 11:25:04 AM   
Yorgy

If your clients are being routed to it already then it sounds like you don't need to point all your web proxy clients to point to your ISA Server for Web access; however, you will have to create an allow rule to clients that you wish for them to have internet access.

It also sounds like you will have to create a route entry to your router pointing to ISA Server before it hits your PIX Firewall, that way you have full control over your clients and web access.

HIH
Yorgy

Life is a zoo in a jungle!

(in reply to Enlil242)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Web Proxy] >> Unihomed >> ISA 2006 design - will this work? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts