• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Web auto detection taking forever

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Web auto detection taking forever Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Web auto detection taking forever - 23.Jul.2007 2:03:17 PM   
Xignals

I moved my ISA server to another domian and have most everything working again but proxy auto detection.  I have created a wpad alias in DNS but still it takes 20 to 30 seconds for the web browser to come up.  If I uncheck auto detection it is as quick as it ever has been.  What have I missed? 
Post #: 1
RE: Web auto detection taking forever - 1.Aug.2007 11:55:37 AM   
zaf

ive got exactly the same problem as you have but mine takes about 1 min. i also like to know what the issue is.

my ISA is configured as securenet, firewall and webproxy. all three option are enabled. so my clients get are firewall clients webproxy and auto detect configuration..

ta

(in reply to Xignals)
Post #: 2
RE: Web auto detection taking forever - 5.Aug.2007 10:04:24 PM   
jmilito

If you haven't done so already checkout this article to double check your configuration:

http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/Configuring-DHCP-DNS-automatic-discovery.html

(in reply to zaf)
Post #: 3
RE: Web auto detection taking forever - 6.Aug.2007 2:26:55 PM   
zaf

the only thing i get confused with is the port number. the pic shows 8080 and instructions 80. ive read other article and im sure its port 80. is that correct.???

thanks

(in reply to jmilito)
Post #: 4
RE: Web auto detection taking forever - 6.Aug.2007 3:48:27 PM   
jmilito

Can be any port for wpad via DHCP (default 8080) but DNS based request require port 80. 

Also make sure you enter wpad.dat in all lower case.  If I remember correctly there were some issues if you used different cases in the url.  As stated in the article below.

The following Microsoft article explains everything in greater detail:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/isa/2004/plan/automaticdiscovery.mspx

(in reply to zaf)
Post #: 5
RE: Web auto detection taking forever - 6.Aug.2007 4:00:34 PM   
spouseele

Hi zaf,

you might also check out:
- Understanding the Web Proxy and Firewall Client Automatic Configuration
- Update to Understanding the Web Proxy and Firewall Client Automatic Configuration article (Jan 13th, 2006 )
- Update to Understanding the Web Proxy and Firewall Client Automatic Configuration article (Feb 13th, 2006 )

HTH,
Stefaan

< Message edited by spouseele -- 6.Aug.2007 4:02:04 PM >

(in reply to jmilito)
Post #: 6
RE: Web auto detection taking forever - 12.Aug.2007 6:32:12 AM   
zaf

iv'e found the problem, it was web service running on my ISA server, i think it was listening to the port 80. disabled it and it works a treat. I had to install iis 6 when installing ISA for all option to be installed.

unless anyone else knows of something else.

now does anyone knows why im having issus with RPC over HTTP. i got OWA working but cant get rpc over http to work WHY?. i have follwed atricles to no avail.

the weblistener for OWA is used for RPC over HTTP is this correct, if not how come i cant create another weblistener??

Thanks

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 7
RE: Web auto detection taking forever - 29.Aug.2007 4:56:50 AM   
ming

have you tried DHCP, it didn't work for me when i used DNS, but when i did DHCP, it worked immediately. I haven't got chance to see why the DNS way didnt' work for me.

(in reply to Xignals)
Post #: 8

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Web auto detection taking forever Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts