• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

file share between clients and external resources.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> file share between clients and external resources. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
file share between clients and external resources. - 6.Aug.2007 9:57:27 PM   
za3poot

Hello all ,

i'm new to ISA using ISA 2006 SE on 2003EE with SP2. , my network appear like the following :

Lan IP of hardware firewall : 192.168.1.1 / 24

Server1 : 192.168.1.100 /24 ( ISA as web proxy with single NIC ) and it allow users who using IP addresses 192.168.1.x /24 to use it for web caching.

Server2 : external NIC: 192.168.1.200 /24
              internal NIC : 10.0.0.1 /24

my question : how to allow file share between computers in range 192.168.1.x 24 ( as ISA server1 ) and computers in range 10.0.0.x ( these computers behind ISA server2)

Please don't tell me it is not secure cause all networks behind hardware firewall.
Post #: 1
RE: file share between clients and external resources. - 9.Aug.2007 11:52:27 AM   
tshinder

I'll tell you its not secure. You need to configure the ISA Firewall correct with at least two NICs, with each NIC on a different network ID.

HORK MODE is NOT secure!

http://blogs.isaserver.org/shinder/2007/04/23/dont-ask-me-questions-about-unihomed-isa-firewalls/

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to za3poot)
Post #: 2
RE: file share between clients and external resources. - 10.Aug.2007 8:56:09 AM   
za3poot

Hello Dr,

i know it is not secure , but i explained that i have hardware firewall in edge of my network , plus security is not critical point in this network cause it is net cafe , and in other point these computers which i need to secure and control its traffic behind ISA firewall full mode not HORK mode.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: file share between clients and external resources. - 13.Aug.2007 9:15:54 AM   
tshinder

I didn't recognize that there two ISA Firewalls. Only one of them is in Hork Mode, right?

For the other ISA Firewall, make sure there is a route relationship between source and destination, and that name resolution is working properly.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to za3poot)
Post #: 4
RE: file share between clients and external resources. - 20.Aug.2007 1:45:10 PM   
za3poot

Hi Dr,
yes it is accultly i have 2 ISA Servers one on the physical hardware ( real machine ) and it is on HORK mode , and the 2nd one on virtual machine ( using microsoft virtual server 2005) and it is ISA in full mode with two legges.

SO how can make sure that name resolution is working properly while i use DNS of ISP , i dont have local DNS server in my network.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 5
RE: file share between clients and external resources. - 21.Aug.2007 11:45:07 AM   
tshinder

How do you do name resolution on the internal network without a DNS server?

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to za3poot)
Post #: 6
RE: file share between clients and external resources. - 21.Aug.2007 11:46:36 PM   
za3poot

hi Dr,

all computers in the same workgroup , computers behind full ISA ( which running on Virtual server ) using IPs 10.0.0.X/24 , and other computer behind the PIX using ISA HORK mode (running on the physical machine ) as proxy to enhance perfomance using IPs 172.20.20.X/24 .

all computers in network 10.0.0.X can see each other.
and all computers in network 172.20.20.X can see each others also.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> file share between clients and external resources. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts