• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Slow Browsing Back to Back Perimeter configuration

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> Slow Browsing Back to Back Perimeter configuration Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Slow Browsing Back to Back Perimeter configuration - 13.Aug.2007 4:59:19 PM   
sharpe12

I have two ISA Server 2006 computers on a back to back perimeter configuration. Recently, in the alert section,  ISA01 (front) detects that ISA02 (back) makes many connections (TCP/UDP and HTTP) over limit configured. For this reasons, the same alert shows me the next connections will be restricted. Both ISA Server computers were modified to accept more connections. However, I don't know how many connections would be accepted securely. Could be this parameter the cause that Internet browsing is slow?

Do you have any recommendation about this infrastructure? Any parameters that I need to configure?

Thank you!

Post #: 1
RE: Slow Browsing Back to Back Perimeter configuration - 14.Aug.2007 11:30:41 AM   
tshinder

Configure the front end ISA Firewall with exceptions to connection limits for the back end ISA Firewall

Also, make sure the upstream ISA Firewall allow access to all sites for the back end ISA Firewall.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to sharpe12)
Post #: 2
RE: Slow Browsing Back to Back Perimeter configuration - 14.Aug.2007 12:02:12 PM   
sharpe12

Thank you, Tom!

In fact, yesterday I modified the first point that you suggest me, thinking it could be a solution. And the upstream ISA (ISA01) is configured to allow all trafic from ISA02. Is it correct? Or do I need to configure a Web chaining?

Thank you again!

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: Slow Browsing Back to Back Perimeter configuration - 15.Aug.2007 11:37:36 AM   
tshinder

Web chaining might improve performance. I've tried it both ways and it was a toss up. You might want to give it a try and see how it works for your environment.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to sharpe12)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> Slow Browsing Back to Back Perimeter configuration Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts