• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Seperate Internal Networks

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> General >> Seperate Internal Networks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Seperate Internal Networks - 17.Aug.2007 6:25:33 AM   
stosti

Is it posible to support two seperate internal networks with one ISA server?  I have a "guest" network on it's own wire and switch.  I would like to share my FiOS connection without adding a seperate firewall.  If i cannot i will use the firewall that was supplied by Verizon for the guest network and use ISA for my corporate needs.

Thank You,
Scott
Post #: 1
RE: Seperate Internal Networks - 17.Aug.2007 6:59:13 AM   
justmee

Sure you can.
Just add one more Nic on ISA. Add a new network. Create the network realationships(say Guest to External eq NAT), access/publishing rules so on.
From what you have said you only have one Internet connection, so it should not be a problem. I do not know what this "guest" means, but you can choose or not to create a network relationship and access rules between it and Internal or not if you need total separation.

(in reply to stosti)
Post #: 2
RE: Seperate Internal Networks - 17.Aug.2007 7:30:28 AM   
stosti

Hi,

We have a guest network setup so that when people come to visit they can check their mail and browse the web.

Yes i want them totally seperate...  Is there a limit to the number of internal networks you can have?

Is there a way to have two external networks?  Lets say you have a T1 and a FiOS connection for redundancy.

Thank You,
Scott

(in reply to justmee)
Post #: 3
RE: Seperate Internal Networks - 17.Aug.2007 8:05:50 AM   
justmee

They will be totally separated.
Unless you create what I have specified in your other post(we are into a loop here).
Don't confuse the internal and external network you add with the default Internal and External ones.
Well, I don't know what's the limit. But you should not be worried about it.
Yes you can have your Internet FiOS connection on ISA's default External Network and a T1 line connected to ISA(other external network) as long as you have routes for it.
By default, ISA2004/2006 supports only one default gateway.

(in reply to stosti)
Post #: 4
RE: Seperate Internal Networks - 17.Aug.2007 8:11:42 AM   
stosti

WOW!  ISA can do multiple external connections?  I know there can only be one default internal and external.  I would like the default external to be my primary connection.  i would lile the second external to be the secondary in case the primary ever goes down.  Will the traffic automatically fail over from the primary external to the secondary external?  If yes is this done with rote cost like i would do in a Cisco router?

(in reply to justmee)
Post #: 5
RE: Seperate Internal Networks - 17.Aug.2007 8:47:56 AM   
justmee

No. You did not understand me. For the secondary(T1) you must route to a known destination.
Something like here for example:
http://blogs.isaserver.org/pouseele/2006/09/22/an-ipsec-tunnel-mode-connection-is-not-implemented-as-a-routable-interface-on-a-windows-based-server/
ISA can have only one default gateway.
Again: you can have as many external networks as you want. as long you have known routes for them.

(in reply to stosti)
Post #: 6
RE: Seperate Internal Networks - 29.Aug.2007 11:02:45 AM   
alex3299

Hello.,

If you search the forums there is a script that do the failover on the external networks...

Alex

(in reply to justmee)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> General >> Seperate Internal Networks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts