• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Direct Access with Firewall Client enabled

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Direct Access with Firewall Client enabled Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Direct Access with Firewall Client enabled - 20.Aug.2007 12:57:17 AM   
itsme99

I need to bypass my ISA 2004 proxy server for a particular website.  I have configured the direct access on the ISA server and all is well when I have the installed firewall client disabled.  As soon as I enable the firewall client, the direct access stops working. 

I found this article describing the issue with ISA 2004 SP2 and I have made the changes, but it still doesn't work.

What else can I do to force my clients to bypass the ISA server for a particular address?

Thank you,

Brian
Post #: 1
RE: Direct Access with Firewall Client enabled - 12.Sep.2007 10:18:41 PM   
jmilito

Go to networks > internal network > properties > domain enter the web domain then go to web browser "directly access computers in specified domain" and enter the web domain here as well.

Example

*.microsoft.com/*

Also... You may want to try SP3.

(in reply to itsme99)
Post #: 2
RE: Direct Access with Firewall Client enabled - 15.Sep.2007 1:30:40 AM   
jrink

Funny.  I fought this tonight as well.  I have a branch office that I was trying to get the PCs there which were loaded with the FWC to access an internal SSL website located at another office.  With the FWC, it was not working, their local ISA server would NOT redirect them properly.  Removing the FWC and relying soley on the IE Web Proxy worked.  That wasn't a solution so I did some checking... On my ISA server, I found that for whatever reason entering in

name.domain.com/*
name2.domain.com/*

under the Web Browser tab did NOT allow the PCs with the FWC to be properly redirected to the other branch location.  However.... entering in

*.domain.com/*

under the Web Browser tab DID allow the PCs with the FWC to be properly redirected to the other branch location ONCE the FWC received an updated wpad.dat file from the server (I forced this after each change during my testing by deleting the wpad.dat file, and starting IE wihch downloaded the updated wpad.dat).

I am running SP3 on both my ISA boxes.

WHY in the world would *.domain.com/* work, while, name.domain.com/* and name2.domain.com/* would NOT work?!

I'm frustrated.
JR

(in reply to jmilito)
Post #: 3
RE: Direct Access with Firewall Client enabled - 5.Oct.2007 12:44:08 PM   
jmilito

That's a good question...  Somewhere in my travels I read in one of Tom's blogs or something that *.domain.com/* was the way to do it.

(in reply to jrink)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Direct Access with Firewall Client enabled Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts