• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: Webpage has expired

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> RE: Webpage has expired Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Webpage has expired - 28.Aug.2007 3:46:15 PM   
jmilito

Don't those little things like that just tick you off.  I had something similar with Yahoo not too long ago.  Anyway...hopefully some other members might have some ideas later tonight.  People usually log in after work.  It is probably something really simple too that both of us have over looked.

(in reply to jerumball)
Post #: 21
RE: Webpage has expired - 28.Aug.2007 6:29:31 PM   
Rotorblade

Hey Guys,

Maybe you guys are kicking a dead horse? Did you possibly consider that the problem is by design of the Website programmer? Refreshing the page is what they want you to do and not use the back option. This is common on data driven pages. Just thought I would throw that out so you won't beat your heads against the server console desk too long on this.

Regards,

RB

(in reply to jmilito)
Post #: 22
RE: Webpage has expired - 28.Aug.2007 8:49:05 PM   
jmilito

Normally I would totally agree with you. But the site's behavior differences in my environment would seem to prove otherwise in this particular case. And...we probably are beating a dead horse to appease lazy or non-technical end users. Thanks though for at least reading through our frustrations.

(in reply to Rotorblade)
Post #: 23
RE: Webpage has expired - 29.Aug.2007 2:01:48 PM   
Rotorblade

Ditto on the frustrations and appeasing end-users. After reading John’s run-down on his issue last night and doing the same procedures to reproduce the problem, I received the same results as you and John did. This morning I tried it again on my test network, this time receiving a different search results webpage and no “Expired page” error. This further confirms my belief that it’s the site and by design and not system related.

Hope he gets it worked out.

GO BUCKS!

RB

(in reply to jmilito)
Post #: 24
RE: Webpage has expired - 11.Sep.2007 1:07:19 AM   
mfeodoroff

Hi All,

This is gradually  becoming a bigger problem for us too.
Has anyone discovered a fix for this?

Cheers,
Mark

(in reply to Rotorblade)
Post #: 25
RE: Webpage has expired - 20.Sep.2007 1:44:41 AM   
mfeodoroff

Hi All,

Just installed a quick and dirty ISA 2006 standard (trial edition) box.
Bad news...Pubmed is performing exactly the same as it did with 2004.  I'll probably upgrade production anyway, but was hoping it would be the silver bullet for the pubmed problem.

Any more ideas anyone?

Cheers,
Mark

(in reply to mfeodoroff)
Post #: 26
RE: Webpage has expired - 20.Nov.2007 8:39:59 AM   
swillems

Hi Mark,

we experience the same problem and i'm wondering if you figured it out in the meantime.
Any progress?

Cheers,

Stefan

(in reply to mfeodoroff)
Post #: 27
RE: Webpage has expired - 10.Mar.2008 4:00:23 PM   
jmk

Hello all,

I have found a solution to this problem. After I have defined the HTTP Compression Preferences in ISA 2004 / ISA 2006, the PubMed-Website works without this error message.
ISA Server 2004:
Go to Configuration / General, select "HTTP Compression Preferences". On the "Settings" tab add the "External" network element, click on "Set Compression..." and allow "Request compressed HTTP content from Servers".

ISA Server 2006:
Go to Configuration / General, select "Define HTTP Compression Preferences". On the tab "Request Compressed Data" add the "External" network element.

Apply the configuration changes and test the PubMed-Website.

Hope that helps anyone.

Best Regards,
Jutta

(in reply to swillems)
Post #: 28
RE: Webpage has expired - 12.Mar.2008 8:32:39 AM   
swillems

Hello Jutta,

It works for us. We had an ISA problem after the setting, but we beleive it is not related. If it is, it will be posted here.
For now: thanks!

Best Regards,

Stefan

(in reply to jmk)
Post #: 29
RE: Webpage has expired - 12.Mar.2008 3:07:42 PM   
gbarnas

I can confirm the problem on ISA 2K6 (with this and several other sites) and we no longer experience the problem after making this change.

Glenn

(in reply to jmk)
Post #: 30

Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> RE: Webpage has expired Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts