• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RADIUS AUTHENTICATION

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> RADIUS AUTHENTICATION Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RADIUS AUTHENTICATION - 5.Sep.2007 12:12:33 PM   
gnicol

I am currently investiagting using our NLB ISA 2004 array as a VPN Solution for our business. One area that I cannot seem to find the relevant documentation on is authentication through ISA 2004 using RADIUS. Our ISA array is on a seperate workgroup and thus we would need to use RADIUS for user authentication, however, although all of the documentation explains that radius is easy to configure, it all points at using IAS as the Radius Server with ISA being the client.

We currenly have a CISCO based VPN solution (supported by our Network department) that has the ability to use tacacs+ as well as RADIUS for authentication. Would ISA 2004 be able to handle authentication using tacacs+? I am aware that tacacs+ uses tcp rather than udp for starters.

Any pointers would be appreciated. We are at a very early investigation stage with this

Thanks

< Message edited by gnicol -- 5.Sep.2007 12:15:03 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: RADIUS AUTHENTICATION - 6.Sep.2007 5:21:19 AM   
mylo

gnicol,

As you stated there are differences between TACACS+ and RADIUS. TACACS+ is not RADIUS and handles AAA differently to RADIUS. TACACS is proprietary, breaks down authentication requests into multiple packets unlike RADIUS (single access-request), and normally works using ACS as a RADIUS provider, with a view to performing network management of Cisco devices.... so.... no, ISA won't work with TACAS... (although might want to look at IAG)

How's you VPN currently configured?

Regards,
Mylo

(in reply to gnicol)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> RADIUS AUTHENTICATION Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts