• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

PPTP Site to Site VPN - ISA 2004 > Draytek 2200E

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> PPTP Site to Site VPN - ISA 2004 > Draytek 2200E Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PPTP Site to Site VPN - ISA 2004 > Draytek 2200E - 5.Sep.2007 4:17:42 PM   
superprutser

We currently have a main office and branch office VPN made up by two Draytek 2200 Routers, it worked well but is can no longer sustain the amount of data sent over it, thus we are looking to migrate. As part of the migration I would like to setup a PPTP VPN between the ISA 2004 server and a Draytek 2200 (IPsec doesn't work due to the lack of certain settings.
Unfortunately the only way I can connect the Draytek is as a VPN Client and not as a Site to Site VPN.

This is how things are setup:

ISA 2004:
Internal: 10.10.0.0 / 255.255.0.0
External: x.x.x.1
VPN: Branch
Protocol: PPTP
Remote VPN Server Address: x.x.x.2
Username: VPNX
Password: *****
Addresses: 10.50.0.0 - 10.50.255.255

Network Rule:
Route From Branch to Internal
Route From Internal to Branch

Access Rules:
Allow all from Internal to Branch
Allow all from Branch to Internal

Draytek:
Lan to Lan Profile
Dialin / Dail out : Both
Name: VPNX
USER: VPNX
Password: *****
Network type: PPTP
Authentication PAP\CHAP
vj Compression: on (off gives the same result)
Server IP: x.x.x.1
Remote Gateway IP: x.x.x.1
Remote network IP: 10.10.0.0
Remote Mask: 255.255.0.0

Now nothing that I tried got the Server and Draytek to connect as a site to site network which allow proper routing of traffic. Does anyone has some advise?

UPDATE

Issue has been resolved, seems as if I was thinking the wrong way arround.
I was trying to get the Draytek to setup the VPN towards the ISA box, after I changed it from a Dial out to a Dial in setup in which the ISA connects to the Draytek everything is fine. Only concern left is what happens if the Draytek looses its connection and the remote site tries to send to the main site.

Also attempted to get L2TP setup between the Draytek 2200W and the ISA but that was a no go. A quick test using the new Draytek V2910 using L2TP showed it being extremly easy to set-up. But lukely we will be migrating to a ISA to ISA vpn soon.

< Message edited by superprutser -- 6.Sep.2007 4:07:18 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: PPTP Site to Site VPN - ISA 2004 > Draytek 2200E - 10.Sep.2007 7:43:40 AM   
tshinder

Great information!

I knew that the L2TP/IPSec setup was pretty good with the Dreytek. Good to hear you confirm that.

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to superprutser)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> PPTP Site to Site VPN - ISA 2004 > Draytek 2200E Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts