• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Isa Server 2k6 Load Balancing.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> DMZ >> Isa Server 2k6 Load Balancing. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Isa Server 2k6 Load Balancing. - 18.Sep.2007 8:43:26 PM   
ppatita

Hi,
Please, excuse my english, i speak a little.

We are trying to implement an array of two isa servers 2k6 in the DMZ zone, as a Reverse Proxy for our Web Servers in the Intermediate zone. We have decided to set the ISAs as Firewalls because we want to publish not only Web Servers, but, we have other two Hardware Firewalls that protects the DMZ from Internet and Internal zone. In the perimeter we have Linkproof to balance the Internet links.

Please help to find the strongest and simplest solution.

Now we have some aspects in an ongoing discussion:

- ISAs Load Balancing Method. We have doubts in deciding if we use the NLB method or some Hardware/External method.
- If we use the NLB method, how we will be able to avoid the broadcast that will generate the NLB in the DMZ zone?.
- If we use the Hardware method, our actual standard is to implement load balancing with WSD from Radware. What are we loosing with this method?.
- Could we use Linkproof instead of WSD to balance the ISAs?.

I will appreciate your answers.

Patty
Post #: 1
RE: Isa Server 2k6 Load Balancing. - 19.Sep.2007 12:04:52 PM   
ppatita

I forgot..

We are going to use two nics, one for the inside and one for the outside, and one more for the arrays sync. Outside would be DMZ, Inside would be Intermediate zone.

Please, help.

Patty

(in reply to ppatita)
Post #: 2
RE: Isa Server 2k6 Load Balancing. - 26.Sep.2007 8:05:13 PM   
ppatita

Any idea?

(in reply to ppatita)
Post #: 3
RE: Isa Server 2k6 Load Balancing. - 8.Oct.2007 9:00:50 AM   
enricoklein

The NLB setup works fine for us. We have a dedicated VLAN for Internal, External and Intra-Array networks, since the broadcasting doesn't go beyond the VLAN, this contains is somewhat. However the traffic still goes through your switches, and if your switches are all trunked then the traffic is still going through the entire network.
Another way to deal with the broadcasting is to put a hub on both sides of ISA.

Regards,
Enrico

(in reply to ppatita)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> DMZ >> Isa Server 2k6 Load Balancing. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts