• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Trying to publish web server...

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Web Publishing >> Trying to publish web server... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trying to publish web server... - 21.Sep.2007 8:32:13 AM   
p057080n

Getting a 404 error. Says it can find the server and the address bar changes properly but the page just doesn't come up.

Any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: Trying to publish web server... - 21.Sep.2007 9:22:27 AM   
Yorgy

Hi there--

What does your log say?
Are you receiving denied access?

Can you please tell me what you have set as authentication from the ISA Server to IIS for which your website resides?

HIH
Yorgy

Life is a zoo in a jungle!

(in reply to p057080n)
Post #: 2
RE: Trying to publish web server... - 21.Sep.2007 1:18:39 PM   
p057080n

Thanks for the quick response Yorgy!
My log actually shows that the aconnection is being allowed and being accepted, after that though, the connection stays idle for a minute or two before coming up with another message saying the connection has been closed.

No denied accesses, that's the weird part. I'd love to see a denied access so I know what's going wrong with it but so far it's giving me the green light!

As far as authentication, I have it set to none so I can just get it to work for right now. Not using IIS, using a sort of web server piece of hardware called a Webops machine. As far as I know, it doesn't have or need any sort of authentication.

All I'd like is for the server to be just passed through ISA since I can't throw it onto a parallel line, it's a very limited piece of hardware in terms of capabilities...

(in reply to Yorgy)
Post #: 3
RE: Trying to publish web server... - 21.Sep.2007 1:50:43 PM   
Yorgy

Hmmm...

Sounds like normal entries in your logs...

Not sure about your web Service part of things; however maybe this pointer might help you; As long as you know what type of authentication is setup on your Web Server then you can setup your delegation in ISA on the published rule. Typically when you want everyone to have access to a website, its setup as Anonymous/Integrated.

For ex. If your web site allows integrated/anonymous then your rule can be configured to something like "No delegation but client may authenticate directly". If still doesn't work...then

The article I have included below gives you more in details of the authentication types. I would recommend you review it carefully. Or perhaps the problem may be someplace else...but to me it sounds like authentication.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/isa/2006/authentication.mspx

Are you able to get to the site without ISA?

HIH
Yorgy

Life is a zoo in a jungle!

(in reply to p057080n)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Web Publishing >> Trying to publish web server... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts