• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

dns issue

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> dns issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
dns issue - 21.Sep.2007 8:48:14 PM   
winoto

Hi,

Maybe it's not the right forum but i'm really confused and hope that someone at this forum can help me.
I just moved to other company that use PIX (ex)& ISA 2004(int). The private domain is totally different than the public domain, internal dns using root and ISP host our external DNS. I never work with this config, i have worked with split DNS and using forwarder for internal DNS at others.
I wanted to add a web server in DMZ, i just noticed when i wanted to add the enty in our internal DNS, that there is no zone for our public domain in internal DNS (i dont want to create a loop), so I checked the cache, i saw that my public domain is there and the IP addresses are DMZ IP addresses, not public IP.

When I do nslookup (change the server name to ISP's DNS Server) for my old www, it shows it's DMZ IP but when i query my new www , it shows the public IP, so I changed the gateway to other ISA (Different ISP), do nslookup again, it shows the public IP for both www

I'm thinking that the ISP that host our DNS, create special rule that if there is a request from specific IP address, it will give DMZ IP. Is it possible?

I called our ISP tech (DNS dept) and explain it to him, he told me that he never see this and would be happy if i tell him when i have the answer.
Anybody can help me?

Thanks,
minx
Post #: 1
RE: dns issue - 23.Sep.2007 10:42:56 AM   
tshinder

I would create a parallel split DNS to solve this problem.

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to winoto)
Post #: 2
RE: dns issue - 23.Sep.2007 11:22:59 PM   
winoto

Thanks Tom, that's what i'm going to do, but have you seen config that I have right now? I google it, someone says it's possible with bind.

thanks,
Minx

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: dns issue - 24.Sep.2007 9:58:13 AM   
tshinder

BIND does have a feature that the Windows DNS does not, so that you could actually host your internal and external zones on a single machine, and the responses are based on the source IP address.

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to winoto)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> dns issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts