• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA 2007 - Only admins are allowed

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> OWA 2007 - Only admins are allowed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA 2007 - Only admins are allowed - 24.Sep.2007 4:17:56 AM   
Hawai

Hi everybody,

i figured out, that only admins can login into our owa which is published with isa 2006. The isa-server authenticates the users over ldap against the active directory. Nobody can login, until I add the user to the domain-admin-group.

Has anybody an idea?

thank you very much!
Post #: 1
RE: OWA 2007 - Only admins are allowed - 24.Sep.2007 10:04:46 AM   
Yorgy

Hi there--

In IIS under Directory Security for Exchange, please check your Authentication methods.

If already done so, disregard...Do you have your domain name set to your NetBIOS Domain name or a slash? I have seen that using a slash works in solving this problem; however the NetBIOS name should work too for your domain to lock down access to only your environment. Also, don't forget to untick the anonymous access...

HIH
Yorgy

Life is a zoo in a jungle!

(in reply to Hawai)
Post #: 2
RE: OWA 2007 - Only admins are allowed - 24.Sep.2007 11:30:22 AM   
Hawai

Hi!

thank you for the hints; but it doesn't work. I can access owa on the isa-server itself without any problems. When i come through the internet, it does not work and the isa-server says it can't authenticate me. It only works if i am member of the domain-admin-group.

thank you very much

(in reply to Hawai)
Post #: 3
RE: OWA 2007 - Only admins are allowed - 24.Sep.2007 1:51:18 PM   
Yorgy

Have you created a group in ISA by browsing in AD for the group created within, and applying accordingly? If yes, what if you add a user to the published rule, are you still having the same problem? Have you tried using the "All Users" group built in from ISA to see if that works...for testing?

HIH
Yorgy

Life is a zoo in a jungle!

(in reply to Hawai)
Post #: 4
RE: OWA 2007 - Only admins are allowed - 24.Sep.2007 3:15:33 PM   
Hawai

Yorgy,

i created  a group with the user I want to log in. a login still fails. Whenn I allow all users, login works correctly.

Thank you,

(in reply to Yorgy)
Post #: 5
RE: OWA 2007 - Only admins are allowed - 25.Sep.2007 12:53:56 PM   
Hawai

Does anybody has an idea how to get this working with LDAP-Authentication? I 'm not very happy that isa-server allows all traffic to pass.

Thank you

< Message edited by Hawai -- 26.Sep.2007 4:00:48 AM >

(in reply to Hawai)
Post #: 6
RE: OWA 2007 - Only admins are allowed - 14.Oct.2007 11:51:46 AM   
Rumple

have you tried using Authenticated users vs all users?

I'm not entirely sure I understand your concern though.  The Forms based authentication page OWA page is just like any other website in that it should respond to anyone.  Once they get the login then using a specific group vs all users doesn't really matter.  LDAP is either going to allow or not allow the users to login regarless of which group they are in.

If you are trying to enable OWA for specific users and not others, use the AD feature to not enable OWA for those users.  Even if the firewall tries to connect that user to OWA the exchange/AD piece will block them from logging in.

(in reply to Hawai)
Post #: 7
RE: OWA 2007 - Only admins are allowed - 15.Oct.2007 7:40:54 AM   
Hawai

Hi,

this was an AD issue. HMC corrupted our AD. A greenfield install solved the problem.

Thank you

(in reply to Rumple)
Post #: 8

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> OWA 2007 - Only admins are allowed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts