• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Java, Vista, Firewall Clients Oh My

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Java, Vista, Firewall Clients Oh My Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Java, Vista, Firewall Clients Oh My - 2.Oct.2007 11:10:53 AM   
wasserja

We are unable to get a specific Java app from http://taonline.mbsbooks.com/taonline.html to work from our Windows Vista Enterprise comptuer with the lastest Java.  The computer has the ISA Firewall client, but it seems as if the FWC isn't picking up Java's requests.  According to Microsoft the Java Control Panel should specify a direct connection rather than using proxy information.  Since this didn't fix the problem I specified the proxy server information and then the site went forward loading part of the java app.  THen it attempts to access the app on port 2025 but fails.  Watching the ISA logging that port is never even accessed on the firewall.  It seems as if Java isn't getting anywhere at all. 

On a side note our clients are not issued a gateway, but have the ISA client installed and are also configured as web proxy clients. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? 
Post #: 1
RE: Java, Vista, Firewall Clients Oh My - 5.Oct.2007 12:41:44 PM   
jmilito

JFYI...  If that is the correct page you sent it will not work in my current ISA 2006 environment on my Vista workstation either using the firewall client with IE or Mozilla.  It partially loaded in Mozilla then seemed to freeze while looking for a plug-in.

I would call the company and have them work through it with you.  It is possible that others may be having a similar problem and they may be able to work through it with you.

(in reply to wasserja)
Post #: 2
RE: Java, Vista, Firewall Clients Oh My - 5.Oct.2007 1:09:52 PM   
wasserja

I ended up biting the bullet and giving everyone a default gateway. It seems that not having a default gateway is causing more problems than it is worth. Outlook 2007 also complains if you do not have a default gateway (there is a registry fix for this). I have changed my access rule to only allow my subnet access by authenticated users. This should prevent someone from plugging into our network and getting Internet access.

(in reply to jmilito)
Post #: 3
RE: Java, Vista, Firewall Clients Oh My - 10.Oct.2007 11:56:07 AM   
allrast

I have exactly the same problem do you have more news about it!
I can receive email but not send! what should i do?
Please someone help-me... I'm getting crazy

i have web but just if i put a gateway? there aren't a Microsoft release for this?

tks

Marco Teodoro

(in reply to wasserja)
Post #: 4
RE: Java, Vista, Firewall Clients Oh My - 10.Oct.2007 3:00:26 PM   
wasserja

It sounds like your problem isn't the same problem I am having. If you can give more details we might be able to help.

(in reply to allrast)
Post #: 5
RE: Java, Vista, Firewall Clients Oh My - 11.Oct.2007 6:59:48 AM   
allrast

i have installed a  server 2003 DC, dns and dhcp in another  computer  whit the  ip  192.168.1.2
i have to nic's in the isa server one for internal another for  external.
internal 192.168.1.1 dns 192.168.1.2
external 192.168.2.2 gateway 192.168.2.1(router)
i have a isa server installed and configured whit rules that permits access to all protocol's  from  internal and local host  to  external  and  internal  to all users.

i had configured internal network as you can see below:
addresses: start 192.168.1.0 end 192.168.1.255
domains: *ignitronic.net
               domain_ignitronic (i think this is a workgroup)
web proxy:  web proxy client: enabled
                    http: enabled port 80
Firewall client: enabled
                        isa sever name: isaicarus
                         automatically detect settings: enabled
                         use automatic configuration script: enabled
Auto discover: enabled port 80

i had created a wpad on dns server you can see below

Alias name: wpad
FQDN
: wpad.ignitronic.net
FQDN for target host: isaicarus.ignitronic.net                

i had created application settings to outlook as you can see in the image below...

aplication                   key                             value
outlook             LocalBindTcpPorts                   0-65535
outlook             LocalBindUdpPorts                   0-65535
note: i had try to enable outlook before puting the value to 1 or 0 and do not work for any clients(xp or vista). this way are working for xp and for vista whit the workaroud(*)

i had installed  in clients  isa  client  application.

problems occurring:
vista clients can't find server isa, so no web no mail! :(

things that are fine:
Xp clients have web and mail smtp and pop3

* workaround to vista:
to access to web i had placed a fixed ip, gateway and dns server but unfortunately i can't send email.

what are happening whit my network?
tks for try helping me and if you don't understand something  please ask. 

(in reply to wasserja)
Post #: 6
RE: Java, Vista, Firewall Clients Oh My - 24.Oct.2007 10:30:40 AM   
jmilito

Is your firewall on? If so is port 1745 being blocked in the logs... This is the port that the FW client uses to communicate with ISA. Also if you type your auto config url into a browser can you download the script. If not something else may be awry.

Do a live monitor on a Vista client from ISA to see if anything is being blocked.

Configure your FW client manually with the FQDN of ISA and just the IP. See if this makes a difference.

(in reply to allrast)
Post #: 7
RE: Java, Vista, Firewall Clients Oh My - 24.Oct.2007 10:31:39 AM   
jmilito

ALSO... Make sure you have the latest version of the FW client because the older versions do not play well with Vista.

(in reply to jmilito)
Post #: 8

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Java, Vista, Firewall Clients Oh My Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts