• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OMA and Push E-mail with forms authentication?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> OMA and Push E-mail with forms authentication? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OMA and Push E-mail with forms authentication? - 4.Oct.2007 9:35:42 AM   
jeremydore

Hi,
Just moved from ISA Server 2000 to ISA Server 2006 and both OMA and Exchange 2003 push email to our Windows Mobile 6 phones has stopped working.
Old ISA Server 2000: Had Exchange 2003 server with own SSL certificate published using an HTTPS Server publishing rule - so SSL Tunneling.  OMA and push email worked well.
New ISA Server 2006.  Set up according to Tom's 'How to cheat at configuring ISA Server 2004' book and the Exchange server published using the article www.isaserver.org/tutorials/Using-2006-ISA-Firewall-RC-Publish-OWA-Sites-Part1.html - so SSL Bridging with Forms authentication using the SSL certificate at both the ISA server and the Exchange Server.  All works perfectly except OMA on the smartphones and push email.  I did select to use OMA when using the 'Publish Exchange Web Client Access' wizard and the correct /OMA/* path is in the Paths tab of the rule.

The smartphones report an ISA server error page 12209 Unauthorized yet they always were able to authenticate with the previous setup.  I can browse to the OMA page from a normal (non mobile) browser.
Could it be that Windows Mobile won't handle SSL Bridging and/or forms authentication?
Has anyone dealt with this situation before?  Any help much appreciated.. thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: OMA and Push E-mail with forms authentication? - 4.Oct.2007 10:37:14 AM   
jeremydore

To further clarify this: I've now set up a basic HTTPS Server publishing rule that just allows all SSL traffic through the ISA Server 2006 server to the Exchange 2003 server and this restores the OMA access on smartphones and push email.

However, I'll be quite disappointed if I have to use this much less secure method of publishing my Exchange server - no bridging, no inspection by the ISA server, no filtering of traffic - basically back to how it all was with ISA Server 2000.

Can anyone tell me if this is what I have to stick with to get push email delivery through ISA Server 2006?

Many thanks!

(in reply to jeremydore)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> OMA and Push E-mail with forms authentication? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts