• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Web Proxy filter failed to bind its socket

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Web Proxy] >> General >> Web Proxy filter failed to bind its socket Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Web Proxy filter failed to bind its socket - 4.Oct.2007 2:28:44 PM   
moreauer

Hi everyone,

I have the following message in the Alert section of my ISA 2006 Enterprise Edition. 

Resource allocation failed 
"The Web Proxy filter failed to bind its socket to X.X.X.X (external IP address of my published site) port 443. This may have been caused by another service that is already using the same port or by a network adapter that is not functional. To resolve this issue, restart the Microsoft Firewall service. The error code specified in the data area of the event properties indicates the cause of the failure. The failure is due to error: 0x8007271d
The Web Proxy filter failed to bind its socket to Y.Y.Y.Y (external IP address of my published Exchange 2007 OWA) port 443. This may have been caused by another service that is already using the same port or by a network adapter that is not functional. To resolve this issue, restart the Microsoft Firewall service. The error code specified in the data area of the event properties indicates the cause of the failure. The failure is due to error: 0x8007271d "

I did restart the firewall and restart the ISA server and I still have the problem.

There's nothing in my event manager on the server.

It started after I installed an Exchange 2007 OWA rule.  I did follow the wizard...  Even when I disable the rule, I still have the same message for my other published site.

In the configuration of my two listeners, the networks are configured for “External” with a specific IP address of each site.

I did find some hint about this problem (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813368/EN-US/) but I don’t have IIS installed on my ISA server… I only have McAfee Viruscan Enterprise and SQL (for the configuration server storage) installed on these servers…

Am I missing something really simple here ?

By the way, here’s my setup:

I have two ISA servers with NLB on the “External” NIC.  They are installed in my lab.  And I have two ISA servers working with two different listeners in my working environment and I don’t have the problem but I don't have an Exchange 2007 OWA rule…

Any hint or help would be greatly appreciated…

Thanks in advance…

Eric
Post #: 1
RE: Web Proxy filter failed to bind its socket - 9.Oct.2007 2:06:45 PM   
moreauer

I finally did tried the httpcfg that was specified in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813368/EN-US but with no results.

I also did run the IsaBPA and I corrected the critical events but nothing changed.

I stopped every ISA services and did a netstat -na | find ":443" and nothing showed up.

I restarted the servers and did a netstat -na | find ":443" and it showed my two address that are in listening mode but I still have the same error message in ISA alerts section.

Any suggestions ???  Anyone ???  Someone ??? 

(in reply to moreauer)
Post #: 2
RE: Web Proxy filter failed to bind its socket - 12.Oct.2007 9:25:54 AM   
moreauer

Ok, here's what I tried since last time...

I telnet to all my address on my external NIC with ISA working

X.X.X.38 443 (first listener) I connect,
X.X.X.44 443 (second listener) I connect,
X.X.X.40 443 (Physical IP of my NIC) No connection,
X.X.X.46 443 (NLB) No connection

I close all ISA services and redo the telnet test

X.X.X.38 443 (first listener) No connection,
X.X.X.44 443 (second listener) No connection,
X.X.X.40 443 (Physical IP of my NIC) No connection,
X.X.X.46 443 (NLB) No connection

If I see this correctly, my listeners are working fine but ISA doesn't seem to know this...

Anything else ???  My next option is to format my two servers and start from scratch... 

Thanks in advance...

(in reply to moreauer)
Post #: 3
RE: Web Proxy filter failed to bind its socket - 12.Oct.2007 1:09:25 PM   
moreauer

After trying everithing, I decided to close my second node on my NLB and everything started to work... 

So I looked at the second node and I found out that Microsoft easy assist was installed because I had a problem with ISA in march and Microsoft help me out with this application.  I removed the application, restarted the server but the problem was still there. 

I looked further and I found out that IIS was installed...  By whom or what, I don't know but it was not supposed to be there...  So I removed IIS and everything is working fine...

I'm not proud of my self to think that I looked only on my first node and took for granted that both my servers where configured the same way.

But the important thing is that it's working fine...

Thanks for those who took the time to read my posts and tried to help me.

(in reply to moreauer)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Web Proxy] >> General >> Web Proxy filter failed to bind its socket Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts