• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

New to ISA? - Check out the Microsoft ISA Server 2006 TechCenter Library

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> General >> New to ISA? - Check out the Microsoft ISA Server 2006 TechCenter Library Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New to ISA? - Check out the Microsoft ISA Server 2006 T... - 22.Oct.2007 6:46:44 PM   
Jason Jones

Hi All,

If you are new to ISA, check out the mountain of information provided in the Microsoft ISA Server 2006 TechCenter Library available here:

http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/techinfo/guides-articles.mspx

More often than not, these Microsoft provided documents provide a world of background information and also detail specifics on best practice and Microsoft recommendations.

The key areas include:

Getting Started

Planning and Architecture

Development

Deployment

Operations

Security and Protection

Technical Reference

Enjoy!

ISAserver.org

< Message edited by Jason Jones -- 22.Oct.2007 6:50:00 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: New to ISA? - Check out the Microsoft ISA Server 20... - 23.Oct.2007 9:32:16 AM   
tshinder

Another great place to start is the book is http://www.amazon.com/Shinders-Server-2006-Migration-Guide/dp/1597491993/ref=sr_1_3/102-6273165-7760151?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1193146323&sr=1-3

Coming to a book store near you soon!

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to Jason Jones)
Post #: 2
RE: New to ISA? - Check out the Microsoft ISA Server 20... - 23.Oct.2007 12:10:32 PM   
Jason Jones

I can certainly recommend that book, especially certain chapters

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk/ and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk/

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: New to ISA? - Check out the Microsoft ISA Server 20... - 24.Oct.2007 9:40:20 AM   
tshinder

Yes! Especially since you wrote those

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to Jason Jones)
Post #: 4
RE: New to ISA? - Check out the Microsoft ISA Server 20... - 18.Mar.2008 3:40:46 PM   
jackstevens_100

if you are new to ISA server i would surggest you try out a few of the microsoft virtual labs becuase they have very good lab guides to work throw within 4 hours i learnt ISA server its so simple and easy to do so try it

(see below for link)

< Message edited by Jason Jones -- 19.Mar.2008 11:05:53 AM >

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 5
RE: New to ISA? - Check out the Microsoft ISA Server 20... - 18.Mar.2008 3:43:38 PM   
jackstevens_100

Sorry about that people i posted the wrong link as that link above does not work anymore so here is the new one

http://www.microsoft.com/events/vlabs/default.mspx

thanks XD

(in reply to jackstevens_100)
Post #: 6
RE: New to ISA? - Check out the Microsoft ISA Server 20... - 18.Sep.2008 11:47:21 AM   
ramadji

Hello!
I'm new to ISA Server 2006 and I've found the Microsoft Virtual Labs very helpful. I'm also looking forward to getting Tom's book.

That said, what could be the benefit or disadvantage of having an ISA Server 2006 and a SonicWall SSL VPN 2000 in a network setting and how will they talk to each other? I found somewhere in this forum that a good practice would be to place the SonicWall device behind the ISA Server 2006( the ISA sitting in a perimeter network). Any other thoughts on that?

Thanks in avance for your feedbacks.
___
Ramadji Doumnande,
Network Administrator, Washington, DC -

(in reply to jackstevens_100)
Post #: 7
RE: New to ISA? - Check out the Microsoft ISA Server 20... - 23.Sep.2008 8:39:50 AM   
tshinder

There are a number of ways you can implement this. You could put the SSL VPN in parallel with the firewall, you can put it front of the firewall, or you can put it behind the firewall.

In most cases I put the SSL VPN in parallel with my firewalls, since most of them are designed to be edge devices.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to ramadji)
Post #: 8
RE: New to ISA? - Check out the Microsoft ISA Server 20... - 23.Sep.2008 9:16:41 AM   
ramadji

Thank you for your response. I ordered your book two days ago and I'm impatiently waiting for it to get some good tips and best practice details.
I was thinking about putting it behind the firewall but I would like to explore your idea of putting it in parallel. How do you do that? Do you suggestions in your book that I can exploit?
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ramadji Doumnande,
Network Administrator, Washington, DC

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 9
RE: New to ISA? - Check out the Microsoft ISA Server 20... - 24.Sep.2008 8:17:18 AM   
tshinder

Hi Ramadji,

Check out http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/2004isapixdmz.html

I talk a bit about the parallel configuration.

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to ramadji)
Post #: 10
RE: New to ISA? - Check out the Microsoft ISA Server 20... - 24.Sep.2008 11:08:58 AM   
ramadji

Hi Tom,

Thanks a lot for your answers to my questions and for the URL. I got your great book yesterday and I'm sure it will help in setting up my environment.
Best regards,

Ramadji Doumnande
Network Administrator, Washington, DC.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 11
RE: New to ISA? - Check out the Microsoft ISA Server 20... - 29.Sep.2008 9:05:21 AM   
tshinder

Hi Ramadji,

Thanks!

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to ramadji)
Post #: 12

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> General >> New to ISA? - Check out the Microsoft ISA Server 2006 TechCenter Library Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts