• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Multiple External Interfaces

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> Multiple External Interfaces Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multiple External Interfaces - 6.Nov.2007 5:43:19 AM   
yatesee

Hi,
I understand that ISA200x cant do true load balancing on external interfaces to mutiple ISP's, but i wonder about this..

I currently have 2 ISA 2004 SE servers,

ISAa goes to ISP1 and routes all server traffic, e.g. VPN, SMTP, WWW (hosting)etc
ISAb goes to ISP2 and routes all user traffic, e.g. WWW (browsing), FTP etc

This way, our users wasting time and bandwidth dont interfere with the core server traffic.

I'm planning on moving these onto two new ISA2006 EE boxes, and they are currently under an Array, with NLB on the internal side, and an interarray network between them.

Is it possible to create this array so traffic still flows as previously set up in ISA2004? I cant really buy anything to stick in front of the ISA servers, i just want one array to manage rather than two seperate ISA's. If ISP1 or ISP2 fail, i can manually switch the traffic down the other line accordingly. I'd also like to use multiple incoming MX records for ISP1 and ISP2 in the event of failure of the lines, but previously doing this with two seperate ISA 2004 boxes proved a little tricky with the publishing side.  

Any clues\assistance would be fantastic,

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Post #: 1
RE: Multiple External Interfaces - 8.Nov.2007 3:53:54 PM   
elmajdal

Hi,

i believe u r looking for something like this, http://forums.isaserver.org/m_2002040238/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#2002040238

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to yatesee)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> Multiple External Interfaces Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts