• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Any Webmonitor Users jumping ship?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Any Webmonitor Users jumping ship? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any Webmonitor Users jumping ship? - 12.Nov.2007 11:31:13 AM   
doom1701

Webmonitor's new subscription pricing has taken it from being a good, cost effective content management and protection solution to a overpriced insult to my intelligence.  We've gone from having to come up with a few hundred dollars each year in maintenance on WM and the virus products to having to come up with $4k+ for a year's "subscription".

WM was an easy choice early on because of the features and the price, but now that it's more expensive than other packages, I have to take a look at other possibilities.  For us, content filtering isn't nearly as important as the ability to virus scan every incoming file--being able to stop the spyware before it even gets past the firewall has saved me countless hours of support time.
Post #: 1
RE: Any Webmonitor Users jumping ship? - 25.Nov.2007 4:53:26 AM   
AHIT

I'm not familiar with the product, nor it's pricing but i'm afraid I hve to play Devils Advocate with the statement:
quote:

saved me countless hours

How many? 5? 50? 500? Give that saving of YOUr time + the productivity of your clients/machines is it worth the couple thousand?

Again, Im not supporting the product nor saying that there may not be something bigger, better, cheaper out there... but WAY too often I hear from my clients (new and old) that "we have to replace X because the costs have gone up....... but we'd be lost without it". Maybe thank the stars for getting a solution so cheap for so long, smile at the savings, sigh and sign the renewal cheque...

http://www.ahit.com.au/isa
(Previous nick: Tolk)

(in reply to doom1701)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Any Webmonitor Users jumping ship? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts