• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Blocking specific Https and Http website

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> HTTP Filtering >> Blocking specific Https and Http website Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Blocking specific Https and Http website - 14.Nov.2007 1:16:22 AM   
nadir4u

Hi

1. To filter Http traffic -- if in a single rule i configured URL set and domain set which will take precedence or both will work together ,

also i configured rule using both (configuration is okay) but it's not working even after starting ISA service .do i need to restart my ISA server.

2. if i need to block https website then it can be done by domain set OR
  URL set and any pointers on that.

3. According to our company policy we don;t allow any ISA Add ons to be configured so i am left with FW rules, can i generate reports based on
specific destination that was accessed and import also in an HTML file.

4. if i need to block using IP address what is the best way to do  that ?

Rgds,nadir
Post #: 1
RE: Blocking specific Https and Http website - 7.Jan.2008 8:19:46 PM   
nwigmore

1. yes they can both work together.If these are url or domain sets you need to enable the http filter on your rule or this will not work.

2. HTTPS blocking will work the same as 1. with url or domain sets as it is a match that the url or domain list.

3. Http filter is a default add-in so no extra installs to perform so you should be ok with using this add-in.

4. Add the IP to the url or domain list as ISA will do a dns lookup for a url before initialising a GET command.

Hope this helps

quote:

ORIGINAL: nadir4u

Hi

1. To filter Http traffic -- if in a single rule i configured URL set and domain set which will take precedence or both will work together ,

also i configured rule using both (configuration is okay) but it's not working even after starting ISA service .do i need to restart my ISA server.

2. if i need to block https website then it can be done by domain set OR
URL set and any pointers on that.

3. According to our company policy we don;t allow any ISA Add ons to be configured so i am left with FW rules, can i generate reports based on
specific destination that was accessed and import also in an HTML file.

4. if i need to block using IP address what is the best way to do  that ?

Rgds,nadir

(in reply to nadir4u)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> HTTP Filtering >> Blocking specific Https and Http website Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts