• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

EDGE Server publishing with NLB

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Exchange Publishing >> EDGE Server publishing with NLB Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
EDGE Server publishing with NLB - 20.Nov.2007 10:44:49 AM   
PDufresne

Hi,

We have a pair of ISA Server 2004 sp2 Enterprise Edition mounted as an array on which NLB is activated (NLB is ISA integrated).  They serve as the external firewalls protecting around 10 web servers.

We want to use the same ISA servers to protect 2 exchange 2007 servers acting as edge servers (SMTP servers).  

Is it feasible to load balance the SMTP traffic between both ISA servers using the virtual address of the cluster (letís say 1.1.1.1)?  This address would then be used as the pointer for the MX record.  The  publishing rule on the first ISA server would point to the first Exchange server and the publishing rule on the second ISA would point to the second edge server.

If not, what would be the best solution to offer load balancing or redundancy or both using those two pairs of two servers?

Thank you
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Exchange Publishing >> EDGE Server publishing with NLB Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts