• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RPC Replication Issue in ISA...

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Exchange Publishing >> RPC Replication Issue in ISA... Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RPC Replication Issue in ISA... - 27.Nov.2007 12:15:30 PM   
ISA327

Hey folks, I've been having issue with my Exchange System Manager, and the great guys over at MSExchange.org were able to help me out a lot, but one of the Mods there came to a conclusion regarding my issue that he, and certainly not I quite know how to resolve. 

Please click here (or http://forums.msexchange.org/Reinstall_Exchange%25%25%25/m_1800456991/tm.htm) to view my post at msexchange.org.  Mr. Grogan believes the issue is ISA related... any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

P
Post #: 1
RE: RPC Replication Issue in ISA... - 27.Nov.2007 2:08:16 PM   
Rotorblade

Hi,

I read your post on MSExchange.org concerning the issue you are having with your SBS server. Iím not in anyway an SBS expert but based from the issues you are having and with ISA also running on the same server; it sounds like a Windows Service Pack 2 RSS issue! What SP are you running?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936594

HTH
RB

(in reply to ISA327)
Post #: 2
RE: RPC Replication Issue in ISA... - 27.Nov.2007 5:56:05 PM   
ISA327

SP2. 

Can I remove the ISA Server on Server#1 and set it up on another SBS Server? 

I'll attempt the resolutions on the KB Article.  Thanks.

(in reply to Rotorblade)
Post #: 3
RE: RPC Replication Issue in ISA... - 27.Nov.2007 6:25:10 PM   
Rotorblade

quote:

Can I remove the ISA Server on Server#1 and set it up on another SBS Server? 

Should not have to; just do as directed in the KB and you should be golden! One thing that I have ran into with this is that you may need to update the NIC drivers as well after running the patch and disabling RSS and TCP offloading to get everything working properly.

Let us know on the outcome.

RB

(in reply to ISA327)
Post #: 4
RE: RPC Replication Issue in ISA... - 27.Nov.2007 6:33:11 PM   
Rotorblade

Just to let you know; I posted to your thread on the MSExchange.org to let Andy follow the progress here. Hope it works out for you.

RB 

(in reply to Rotorblade)
Post #: 5
RE: RPC Replication Issue in ISA... - 27.Nov.2007 6:40:11 PM   
ISA327

Negative... no change.

(in reply to Rotorblade)
Post #: 6
RE: RPC Replication Issue in ISA... - 27.Nov.2007 9:33:48 PM   
Rotorblade

Ok,

Reading through your MSExchange.org thread you made reference to your NIC configurations and binding order. From what I could tell you have miss configured the NICís. First, with the Network side NIC being disabled, ISA would be considered running in ďhork modeĒ. (single NIC) Running with only one NIC configured, the ISA firewall service is going to cease to function. You need to enable that internal NIC. As I previously mentioned, you may need to update the NIC drivers. I would uninstall the NIC drivers and then reinstall them and restart the server after doing so. Then run through the NIC configurations and set them up properly. Please reference the article below for configuring your NICís.

http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/Configuring_ISA_Server_Interface_Settings.html

Please check your Internal network properties to make sure you have the correct IP properties.

Please post the outcome

HTH

RB

(in reply to ISA327)
Post #: 7
RE: RPC Replication Issue in ISA... - 27.Nov.2007 9:44:10 PM   
Rotorblade

Also, did you apply all the work a rounds mentioned in the KB? Just applying the patch is not going to get it working.

Uninstall the NIC drivers and reinstall and apply the work a rounds mentioned in KB....

(in reply to Rotorblade)
Post #: 8
RE: RPC Replication Issue in ISA... - 27.Nov.2007 11:30:28 PM   
ISA327

Okay Rotorblade, will do when I get in tomorrow, I applied the patch remotely.  I suppose I've somehow managed to get OWA/Exchange to perform with the configuration using only 1 NIC for sometime by fluke.

I'll keep you updated.  And thanks again.

(in reply to Rotorblade)
Post #: 9
RE: RPC Replication Issue in ISA... - 28.Nov.2007 11:39:05 AM   
ISA327

UPDATE:  I came in after applying the patch last night, and attempted to execute the workarounds.  None of them applied to me though (no updated NIC drivers, Receive Side Scaling Value was already at 0 as was the Offloading Support). 

Okay, moved on to the tutorial... and the configuration was absolutely fine, still have internet and websites, but no change in the ESM.  The Server still cannot "find the RPC Server" and I still cannot attach the correct IP address to the STMP Virtual Server.

< Message edited by ISA327 -- 28.Nov.2007 11:40:07 AM >

(in reply to ISA327)
Post #: 10
RE: RPC Replication Issue in ISA... - 28.Nov.2007 11:57:01 AM   
Rotorblade

quote:

no updated NIC drivers

Did you uninstall and reinstall the NIC drivers? Go to Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device manager, Network adapters and uninstall and reinstall.

RB

(in reply to ISA327)
Post #: 11
RE: RPC Replication Issue in ISA... - 28.Nov.2007 12:28:32 PM   
ISA327

Uninstalled and reinstalled the NIC's. 

Went through the Tutorial and the KB Article again. 

Restarted the Server.

No change.

(in reply to Rotorblade)
Post #: 12
RE: RPC Replication Issue in ISA... - 28.Nov.2007 12:57:23 PM   
Rotorblade

RPC service running?

(in reply to ISA327)
Post #: 13
RE: RPC Replication Issue in ISA... - 28.Nov.2007 1:18:48 PM   
ISA327

Yes.  Started and set at Automatic.

(in reply to Rotorblade)
Post #: 14
RE: RPC Replication Issue in ISA... - 28.Nov.2007 3:01:10 PM   
Rotorblade

Network Connections Advance settings, Adapter bindings; rebind F & P and Client for Microsoft Networks on all apaters and retry.

RB

(in reply to ISA327)
Post #: 15
RE: RPC Replication Issue in ISA... - 28.Nov.2007 3:34:28 PM   
Rotorblade

If negative results again then will need to get more specifics on your ISA setup. If you could provide (not jeopardizing  your security of course ) information on the ISA system policy and firewall access rules, NIC IP specifics etcÖ. Anything you can provide will help. ISA could be blocking? The ESM relies on Netbios/Winns so Iím thinking down that troubleshooting path. Is your DNSís zone records correct? Maybe you are using a HOSTS and LMHosts file that needs to be updated with the correct IP? Netbios enabled? Can you ping your server by its host name?

RB

(in reply to ISA327)
Post #: 16
RE: RPC Replication Issue in ISA... - 28.Nov.2007 3:37:38 PM   
Rotorblade

You may want to consider installing Exchange SP 2?

(in reply to Rotorblade)
Post #: 17
RE: RPC Replication Issue in ISA... - 28.Nov.2007 3:51:25 PM   
ISA327

Okay.

Is there an easy way to migrate IIS and ESM to another machine without migrating the problem? 

Thanks. 

(in reply to Rotorblade)
Post #: 18
RE: RPC Replication Issue in ISA... - 28.Nov.2007 4:29:30 PM   
Rotorblade

Is this server accessible from an internal network? From your description it sounds like your just using it for hosting purposes. Internally, the ESM can run from another machine. Other than moving the mail box in AD using the Mailbox move wizard, you would need to use a utility like EXmerge to export and import or do an Exchange store recovery to the new server. It would be a lot of work but that may be your only option. I would not give up the ship just yet! You need to investigate the problem further to determine what gives.

RB   

(in reply to ISA327)
Post #: 19
RE: RPC Replication Issue in ISA... - 28.Nov.2007 7:06:35 PM   
ISA327

Yes, I have a second SBS server available that I can make available on the same internal network.   It had another purpose, however I need to get our e-mail back up.

What exactly is involved in the transfer? Or better yet what are my options period?  Unfortunately, I'm up against a deadline (gulp) that ends tomorrow so I need to get something going here. 

Thanks again, a ton, for all of your help.

(in reply to Rotorblade)
Post #: 20

Page:   [1] 2   next >   >> << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Exchange Publishing >> RPC Replication Issue in ISA... Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts