• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Error 0x80072f0D with ActiveSync

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> Error 0x80072f0D with ActiveSync Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error 0x80072f0D with ActiveSync - 4.Dec.2007 11:22:21 AM   
vwalsh

Greetings,

I am pretty sure why I am getting this error but I need a work around that doesn't involve buying a new Cert

We have Exchange 2007 up and running well in a multi-server cong
We have 1 Hub, 1 Cas, 2 Mailbox CCR'd and 1 UM servers in the same blade enclosure

Our cert points to https://owa.<companyname>.com

OWA works well though we need to login twice. I am trying to get active sync working but it wants to hit the FQDN of our CAS box which is MSEXCHCAS01

We are using ISA 2006. I am pretty sure this is a cert issue and wanted to know if there were options to work around without having to get a cert with out CAS machine name in it.

-Vance
Post #: 1
RE: Error 0x80072f0D with ActiveSync - 9.Dec.2007 12:50:11 PM   
tshinder

Make sure you have properly joined the ISA Firewall to the domain and that you're delegating auth, so you don't get the second log on prompts.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to vwalsh)
Post #: 2
RE: Error 0x80072f0D with ActiveSync - 17.Dec.2007 4:26:26 PM   
pwindell

Tom
Do you have any articles dealing specifically with OMA and ActiveSync with a Single Exchange behind ISA on the LAN (no FE, no BE, no DMZ).  My OWA works fine but can't get anywhere with OMA or ActiveSync, I don't even know how to test them in a way that eliminates the Pocket PC device as being part of the problem.

Maybe it will help both me and the OP.

Phillip Windell

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: Error 0x80072f0D with ActiveSync - 18.Dec.2007 10:18:31 AM   
tshinder

Hi Phil,

That's the configuration I run in my own office and haven't had to do anything special to make it work. Well, for Exchange 2003. I don't have much expereience with the horkage named Exchange 2007

However, Debi is harassing me to get HTML mail working on her pocket PC phone, so I'll need to figure out how to get everything in Exchange 2007 working. I might just set up Windows Essentail Business Server and use that for my email domain.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to pwindell)
Post #: 4
RE: Error 0x80072f0D with ActiveSync - 18.Dec.2007 12:11:31 PM   
pwindell

Hi Tom!
Good to hear  from you!

Horkage? 

Ya better get on that for Deb. You don't want to have to sleep on the couch.

When I try the OWA URL (OMA?) with my pocket PC I first get the prompt about the Cert that it claims isn't trusted,...I tell it "yes" to continue. Then I immediately get the "Page cannot be displayed" along with a "401 Unauthorized" at the bottom.  I never get a login prompt.

If I try to do an "Activesync" and pointing it at the same URL it just says that the Sync failed with no explaination or any details.

The normal OWA works perfectly fine with FBA when using a normal PC.

If you want to poke around with this more later, maybe we should start a different thread. I don't want to hyjack the OP's thread any more than I have already.

Phillip Windell

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 5
RE: Error 0x80072f0D with ActiveSync - 18.Dec.2007 7:02:55 PM   
Jason Jones

quote:

ORIGINAL: vwalsh

Greetings,

I am pretty sure why I am getting this error but I need a work around that doesn't involve buying a new Cert

We have Exchange 2007 up and running well in a multi-server cong
We have 1 Hub, 1 Cas, 2 Mailbox CCR'd and 1 UM servers in the same blade enclosure

Our cert points to .com" target=_blank>https://owa.<companyname>.com

OWA works well though we need to login twice. I am trying to get active sync working but it wants to hit the FQDN of our CAS box which is MSEXCHCAS01

We are using ISA 2006. I am pretty sure this is a cert issue and wanted to know if there were options to work around without having to get a cert with out CAS machine name in it.

-Vance

The neatest way to solve this is with the use of Unified Communications or SAN cert. Have a look at the following document which provides a lot of good background on the options available:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb332063.aspx

The key to getting a working Exchange 2007 remote access solution with ISA is based upon the configuration of Exchange autodiscovery and the 'internalurl' and 'externalurl' parameters. These parameters allow you to define external DNS names that are used for external clients as opposed to trying to connect to internal NetBIOS names.

P.S. You shouldn't have to login twice for OWA so this sounds a bit suspect...

Cheers

JJ

< Message edited by Jason Jones -- 18.Dec.2007 7:13:51 PM >

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk/ and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk/

(in reply to vwalsh)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> Error 0x80072f0D with ActiveSync Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts