• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Site to Site VPN Performance Increase

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> Site to Site VPN Performance Increase Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Site to Site VPN Performance Increase - 5.Dec.2007 1:39:41 AM   
guru_sanjay

Respected sir,

We have two sites A and B connected through Site to Site VPN between Sonicall TZ 170 and ISA 2004 firewalls respectively, We have three computers in the location A (sonicwall firewall LAN) which needs to be accessed from location B (ISA firewall LAN). All the three computers now we can able to access it through Remote Desktop Connection. But the prformance of these connections are very slow.

Please guide me in the right direction on increasing the speed of accessing these XP desktop computers through our VPN channel.

Thanks & Regards
Sanj
Post #: 1
RE: Site to Site VPN Performance Increase - 5.Dec.2007 1:51:01 PM   
spouseele

Hi Sanj,

check out Cleaning up your network traffic a bit.

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to guru_sanjay)
Post #: 2
Site to Site VPN Performance Increase - 6.Dec.2007 12:07:25 AM   
guru_sanjay

Sir,

Thankyou for providing me an early guidance and I have performed the Network Cleaning as suggested but want to still enhance the VPN speed. Please suggest us some more methods on how this can be acheived? Because the applications deployed on the systems (three) are CPU intensive so users from location B needs speed in working on these applications.

Thanks in advance.

Sanj

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 3
RE: Site to Site VPN Performance Increase - 6.Dec.2007 2:12:25 PM   
spouseele

Hi Sanj,

didn't changing the value for EnablePMTUDiscovery to 1 solve the problem?
If not, check out Troubleshooting "The Network is Slow" and Microsoft TCP & UDP Test Tool (TTCP) for some tools to further diagnoses the problem.

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to guru_sanjay)
Post #: 4
Site to Site VPN Performance Increase - 14.Dec.2007 8:30:08 AM   
guru_sanjay

Sir,

Do we have any other solution (third party product ) or any other solution to have good performace of accessing these remote computers in the same domain which is VPN Site to Site connected (ISA 2004 and SonicalWall Tz170) but in a different site. Because employees access these systems daily for their application usage. What best we can employ to further increase the speed? All these three desktops in another site are deployed with Windows XP SP2 Operating System and the applications are running on these. Users from our site having ISA 2004 as the firewall access these systems for their research work. Please guide me for a better solution .Currently all the users are accessing these systems using XP's built in Remote Desktop Connection.

Thanks & Regards
Sanj

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> Site to Site VPN Performance Increase Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts