• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OMA not working on mobiles after publshing exchange via ISA 2006

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> OMA not working on mobiles after publshing exchange via ISA 2006 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OMA not working on mobiles after publshing exchange via... - 5.Dec.2007 10:29:40 AM   
petertp

For our Exchange via ISA 2006 config we followed the following Microsoft document for the majority of our configuration, although due to having a single network adapter configuration we applied the listener to the Internal network.  The ISA 2006 server is part of the internal domain also and not on a DMZ.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/isa/2006/deployment/exchange2003.mspx

We purchased and deployed a certificate from Thawte onto the Front-End Exchange Server then onto the ISA 2006 server as according to guidelines.

Via a Internet Explorer on a PC both internally and externally OWA works fine and as expected. Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync seems to work as we get an error message that according to the guidelines means it is working (Error 501/505 – Not implemented or not support).  OMA will work (via /OMA) but only when Directory Browsing is enabled in IIS on the Front-End server.

Via Internet Explorer on the device (Orange SPV M3100) OWA works fine, OMA will work (via  /OMA) but again only when Directory Browsing is enabled in IIS on the Front-End server. 

ActiveSync on the device is configured for the correct Server Address (use SSL connection option is selected) then username/password/domain are all entered.  When attempting to sync we are prompted to ‘Please correct your Exchange Server password’, once the password is entered again the sync continues. It appears to sync folders but comes back with ‘Synchronized: None’.  When ‘View Status’ is selected the Result is ‘ActiveSync encountered a problem on the server, support code 0x85010014.

We have had external suppliers from a two leading companies in and they can't see what the problem is, as they think there is no reason for it not to work.  Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Peter
Post #: 1
RE: OMA not working on mobiles after publshing exchange... - 9.Dec.2007 12:47:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Peter,

What user-agent header is being passed to the ISA Firewall from these devices?

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to petertp)
Post #: 2
RE: OMA not working on mobiles after publshing exchange... - 12.Dec.2007 4:02:56 AM   
petertp

Tom thanks for getting back to me but I  finally got ActiveSync to work – I have been working a wee bit every week for the past 6 weeks - mostly internet researching and trying different IIS setting on the virtual directories to try and get this to work and I think my durability has paid off!!

I applied KB215383 to both FE and BE servers (I had previously only done this for the FE) and I also created an Application for the Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync IIS Virtual directory and applied the ‘ExchangeApplicationPool’ to it.  If I remove the Application ActiveSync fails.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> OMA not working on mobiles after publshing exchange via ISA 2006 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts