• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Java and RSA Authentication fails at some point

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Web Publishing >> Java and RSA Authentication fails at some point Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Java and RSA Authentication fails at some point - 12.Dec.2007 11:34:39 AM   
abruggeman

Hi everybody,

We want to publish two internal webservers to external clients who are outside the company. We are using two web publishing rules with the same HTTPS listener. Authentication is HTML form authentication with RSA SecurID.
The client starts internet explorer and connects to webserver1. This part works fine.

At some point in the application, the application context manager starts another application which is an embedded internet explorer with a java client. This part of the application uses webserver2.

The first two requests to webserver2 are handled properly, but the third request from the java client to webserver2 is rejected by ISA server.
The client gets the following error:
“Error Code: 401 Unauthorized. The server requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web server is denied. Contact the server administrator. (12209)”
The ISA log gives this HTTP status code:
“12239 The server requires authorization to fulfill the request”

We have also installed and implemented KB article 933869 with the hotfix in KB933718. The description in this article very much resembled our case. Unfortunately, it still doesn't work!

Does anyone have an idea how to resolve this??

Regards,
Albert
Post #: 1
RE: Java and RSA Authentication fails at some point - 12.Dec.2007 3:01:03 PM   
pwindell

The problem is somewhere in the Second Publishing Rule of the Second site.
the Java Applet runs from the JRE of the User's local machine and at that point has absolutely nothing to do with the Site #1 or the first Publishing Rule.

Anything beyond that I doubt I will have any idea what to tell you.  I have no personal experience with RSA SecureID if that element becomes part of the problem.

Phillip Windell

(in reply to abruggeman)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Web Publishing >> Java and RSA Authentication fails at some point Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts