• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Can access HTTPS ok but not HTTP sites

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> Can access HTTPS ok but not HTTP sites Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can access HTTPS ok but not HTTP sites - 17.Dec.2007 6:24:20 PM   
MinusB27

I have a new install of ISA 2006 configured on a server with 2+ network cards.
I can access HTTP sites ok from the ISA Server (Local Host).
On a computer located on the Internal Network, I can access sites through HTTPS ok (example: my internet banking). However, when i attempt to access an HTTP site (www.google.com, www.yahoo.com, etc etc) I immediately get a generic'cannot find server, or DNS error'.

I DO have a rule to allow ALL traffic from the internal network to the External and I am able to ping sites externally, I can use MSN Messenger ok, etc. Just no HTTP access.

ISA Server logging shows the connection gets initiated, but then nothing really happens after that.

Firewall Client and Web proxy client are not enabled for the Internal Network.

I'm not really sure what to look at next, but if someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance!

Josh Brown
Post #: 1
RE: Can access HTTPS ok but not HTTP sites - 17.Dec.2007 9:44:00 PM   
hsdhilon

Josh,
   Try disabling the HTTP filter under Configuration -> Add-ins. If disabling the HTTP filter make things work, try playing with the filter settings. the HTTP filter can't process the outgoing HTTPS traffic and you have HTTPS working but not the HTTP.

-= harp

(in reply to MinusB27)
Post #: 2
RE: Can access HTTPS ok but not HTTP sites - 18.Dec.2007 10:23:53 AM   
elmajdal

What are the IPs/DG/DNS on the ISA Server NICs , and how many NICs u have on your ISA Server?

Do u have an Internal DNS Server ?

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to MinusB27)
Post #: 3
RE: Can access HTTPS ok but not HTTP sites - 19.Dec.2007 2:21:06 PM   
MinusB27

Actually, I discovered that the HTTP protocol properties in my Internal Network Internet Access rule had the Web Proxy filter enabled. In my scenario, this was not a requirement due to the way the internal network clients are configured. Disabling the filter for this rule fixed the problem.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions, they definitely helped me eliminate other potential issues from the list.

Josh Brown

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> Can access HTTPS ok but not HTTP sites Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts